No data after tethering with "Wi-Fi tether"

hummvee2134

Reaction score
I am not sure how i screwed this up but...

I installed ultimate droid V8 with Nandroid last night, played arround a while, and then tried the wifi tethering app. Everything worked good and my laptop connected fine, went online, then shut the app off.

I then reaised i had no data connection anymore. The 3g symbol was showing at the top of the screen that i was transmitting but not receiving. When i restarted the 3g went completely away and all i have now is bars. No data connection at all.

I even reverted back to my stock installation from the backup.

Figured maybe it was an outage, but here i am 8 hours later. same situation.

I could really use some help on this one. thanks.

Mojo

Reaction score
Have you tried just doing a *228? And update your PRL. Sometimes the simplest of solutions do the trick.

Mojo

Reaction score
Try turning your radio off then back on (airplane mode) also go into settings > wireless networks > mobile networks and check that the data timing box is checked as well as the networks are set to automatic.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First time root? wifi worked on 3g? then doesn't, back to stock, still doesn't work. what if you put wifi back on? (except your now on a stock phone)

1)If you go across town, does it still not work? maybe something is indeed up in your local area.
2) What method did you use to go back to stock? It will take you about ten minutes to download the files and go through the steps in my 3rd link below
3) how long have you had the phone?

I see 3 solutions, and there may be others yet still.
1) nothing is wrong with your phone - 3G is down at your house
2) something is left on the phone, setting wise - sbf will fix that
3) phone broke - bring it to the store they will see it isn't working, get new phone.

OP
H

hummvee2134

Reaction score
ok took care of it. Complete factory reset to complete stock and Re-Activation.

thanks for your help GSXR

Mojo

Reaction score
Your welcome... was trying to eliminate all the easy solutions first. I'm glad you got it fixed. I would be freaking out.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok took care of it. Complete factory reset to complete stock and Re-Activation.

thanks for your help GSXR

Some left over data was causing the issue. Good thought trying the factory reset.

So...off to root again?
icon12.gif

OP
H

hummvee2134

Reaction score
absolutely. I'm going to give the new BB image a shot. The ultimate droid image was too cluttered for my taste

Mojo

Reaction score
There is really no advantage unless the kernel included in the rom.. does not agree with upgrade Droid. Or you want a higher overclock speed, or more slots.

MBargh87

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with tethering on my Droid. I am running Ultimate Droid v8 with Chevy's 1.2 Ghz kernel (both obtained from links in the Ultimate Droid v8 thread in the Blackdroid section of this forum), when I try to tether I am getting 0.0kbs of data. Now I am a newb so I am sure I'm doing something wrong, is there some sort of setting configuration I need that I am missing? I called *228 and had my phone reprogrammed. Please help a newb!

OP
H

hummvee2134

Reaction score
You have to restore to factory defaults and go through the activation process again I too had UDv8. Try the BB rom once you go through the process. PM me if you have ne more questions.