no copy & paste?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hold down the shift key, then use your finger to highlight text. Text is automatically copied to clipboard.

reggin

Reaction score
Or press and hold in the field you're trying to copy, it'll bring up a menu to copy. Then when you want to paste, do the same thing, press and hold in the field and a menu pops up to paste.

Edit: that's just to copy certain things, like a new e-mail, or a form with your absurdly long e-mail address from work...like mine when trying to setup e-mail accounts...

Last edited:
OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Hold down the shift key, then use your finger to highlight text. Text is automatically copied to clipboard.

Thank you. No offense to you, but I think that this is a terrible implementation of the feature. Not only is it difficult to accurately select text but you also don't get to change your selection. To make it even more user unfriendly, you have to slide out the keyboard to do this.

Sad.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Or press and hold in the field you're trying to copy, it'll bring up a menu to copy. Then when you want to paste, do the same thing, press and hold in the field and a menu pops up to paste.

Edit: that's just to copy certain things, like a new e-mail, or a form with your absurdly long e-mail address from work...like mine when trying to setup e-mail accounts...

I want to do is copy text from the body of the email. The approach you suggested does not work.

lennywc

Reaction score
no decent copy and paste function

How in gods name did this device get released to the public without a real copy / paste function? This is awful. What idiots.
The iPhone was released without copy/ paste also and apple almost had a riot on its hands. They fixed it and the copy / paste function they added is fantastic, it has a history function that is great. Why did Google fail us like this? It s enough to make me want to go back to my iPhone. So disappointing. Did they actually think we would welcome this pathetic copy/paste function as an acceptable alternative? Ughhhhh.... ..

nate94gt

Reaction score

Thank you. No offense to you, but I think that this is a terrible implementation of the feature. Not only is it difficult to accurately select text but you also don't get to change your selection. To make it even more user unfriendly, you have to slide out the keyboard to do this.

Sad.
i agree. thats one of my big complaints w/ the OS thus far... copy/paste is evil

lucky for me, i have very little reason to use it

lennywc

Reaction score
copy paste

And don't forget, you can only copy 1 screen of data at a time. WTF??

xwera43

Reaction score

Sad.

Agreed... But try using the D-pad to move the cursor for a more precise process.

~X

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is definitely one of the annoyances I have with the OS, it's so difficult to pick a place precisely. I find myself tapping ten times before it goes to where I actually want it. No wonder why they included a d-pad. I've actually started to like the hard keyboard and d-pad more than the soft keyboard for typing things out.

mrtosh

Reaction score
Okay maybe I'm missing something but when I longpress on text nothing happens. Neither in emails or online. If I press the menu button it'll let me select but automatically pasres to the clipboard. How do you access the clipboard? Is an apparently needed for this?

Last edited:

Riley42

Reaction score
You don't access the clipboard it's just stored in memory. Select menu and then paste to get what's on the clipboard on screen. The copy and paste is horrid. All they need to do is implement multi touch!!!, and don't auto copy. Let me select then hit menu to say thats what I want copied.

moosc

Reaction score
I'm hoping we can get app for copy n paste. I thought bb was tough in 5.0. But this bad the app needs to work in all aspects of the OS in apps in core messaging etc please do this.