No connection

Casper3686

Reaction score
Just picked up the RAZR and love it but having connectivity issues. The bars at the top go from grey to blue often. It says that there is no connection at that point. I have been using smart actions a lot, could this be the issue? Any suggestions? Also was using battery extender...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

steeletown

Reaction score
Did you download the last update

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Battery extender may have turned off your data. Uninstall that and see if it helps

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
I did download the latest update... Checking to see if the battery extender is the issue.

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
I am still having connection issues in downtown Columbus Ohio. Keeps switching between 1x, 3g and 4g. Is this a network issue or a phone issue? My thunderbolt didn't have this problem...

mamawm

Reaction score
There's a post over in the bionic forum about this same issue. Seems isolated to certain parts of Ohio. Maybe Verizon is getting to upgrade some towers.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

DJGeorge

Reaction score
I got my RAZR in December and have seen similar issues here in Central TX. The signal is great: 4G at work, 3G at home and all of a sudden it goes to nothing.

This seems to happen when starting communications, never while it is in-progress. This was happening before I enabled the Battery Extender or I would suspect that had some impact. The signal comes back on its own after a few minutes. I've also tried restarting the radio by enabling airplane mode and then turning it off. Not sure if that helps or not or if it just comes back on its own.

I've done all the available software updates but so far no change. I've seen this reported on some earlier Droid models as well so I think its a systematic issue with the Motorola phone that isn't understood yet. I'm still hoping they get this resolved.

I got my phone at Costco and am going to take advantage of their 90 day return policy as soon as they get Droid 4s in. I like the RAZR but I really miss having a physical keyboard. I fear the Droid 4 will probably have the same connection issues but maybe I'll get lucky and anyway, I'll be no worse than I am now.