No cable, No adapter??

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Did i get this right?? I picked up my Force last night. After getting the apps situated and doing not 1 but 2 updates I went to put my music in.
HMMM, USB cord doesn't fit. Looking in the box and all that is there is a charging cord??? So Moto sells the phone and doesn't mention you need an adapter or a cord to go with the new USB-C cable connection???

This is a little disappointing to me. Also a little bumed not wireless charging after the sales person tried to sell me a charging pad. Does the MotoZ has wireless charge??

Chris

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The fact that you need a USB type-A to type-C cable was mentioned in most of the reviews I saw, but no, I guess Moto themselves didn't say you'd need a cable. It does say on the box and/or websites what's listed in the box when you get the device though.

I don't believe any of the phones in the Z family support wireless charging out of the box, though you can get the battery pack mod that has wireless charging built in.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Install an app called airdroid. After finding that app never had a need to connect through USB unless I was rooting or doing other things with adb.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJM
OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I tether through my USB otherwise that would be great

Chris

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Also a little bumed not wireless charging after the sales person tried to sell me a charging pad. Does the MotoZ has wireless charge??

Chris

You are not the first person to post that. It's sad that some sales reps don't take the time to educate themselves on the product they are selling. It doesn't take much reading to realize the Droid Z has a metal back with magnets inside to secure the Moto Mods...so no native wireless charging. But they do sell a Moto Mod wireless charging back plate. They should have known that and explained that to you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
You are not the first person to post that. It's sad that some sales reps don't take the time to educate themselves on the product they are selling. It doesn't take much reading to realize the Droid Z has a metal back with magnets inside to secure the Moto Mods...so no native wireless charging. But they do sell a Moto Mod wireless charging back plate. They should have known that and explained that to you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Had the same kind of thing happen when I was purchasing my car, Scion FRS. Dude did not have any idea that the car was made by Subaru despite the engine cover even having Subarus name and multiple parts having Subaru stamped on the metal. Didn't even know it was a boxer engine. I had done my research way before hand on the vehicle but he was really good at helping me negotiate the numbers down.

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
the charger thing was not a big deal, just wish they would have told me. The cord is a PIA because now I have to stop at Best Buy after a 12 hour shift to pick one up

Chris

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Got the cord at Best buy so no more whining. All works well now!!

Chris

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I bought a Couple of Micro to USB C Adapters for my older Chargers. I did find that they did not give the TurboPower when using QC3.0 Adapter. When I bought a Real USB C to C Cable then the QC3.0 Worked Normally.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Had the same kind of thing happen when I was purchasing my car, Scion FRS. Dude did not have any idea that the car was made by Subaru despite the engine cover even having Subarus name and multiple parts having Subaru stamped on the metal. Didn't even know it was a boxer engine. I had done my research way before hand on the vehicle but he was really good at helping me negotiate the numbers down.

Pretty much how I feel. I really wish it would've been made clearer that it wasn't detachable, and BB way overcharges their products so I have to get it online.

Mostly it's just cause I relied on the detachable USB for many things, particularly in my car. I dunno, never had an iPhone but I hated when Apple did it and I don't like Moto is doing it now. At least I have an SD slot though (though putting stuff on it sure would've been a whole lot easier with a micro-Usb, Airdroid took me almost 45 min to figure out)...

fed123

Reaction score
Did i get this right?? I picked up my Force last night. After getting the apps situated and doing not 1 but 2 updates I went to put my music in.
HMMM, USB cord doesn't fit. Looking in the box and all that is there is a charging cord??? So Moto sells the phone and doesn't mention you need an adapter or a cord to go with the new USB-C cable connection???

This is a little disappointing to me. Also a little bumed not wireless charging after the sales person tried to sell me a charging pad. Does the MotoZ has wireless charge??

Chris
I was able to get a tiny USB adapter from Verizon for about $9. But I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk