Check out Jabra Halo headphones!

Shel

Reaction score
Just picked these up at Best Buy, and they work amazingly well with the Droid!

My previous myTouch, with another bluetooth wireless headphone set, would skip about every minute or 90 seconds, which greatly diminished the enjoyment of wireless listening.

Not sure if it's improvements to the Droid's bluetooth A2DP coding or the Jabra Halo's, but these things work GREAT!

Sound is excellent, NO skip at all after over an hour of listening, and they are lightweight and very comfortable to wear.

They are not the smallest headsets, but they do fold to reduce the overall size. They are also not "in ear", but place the speakers on top of your ears. They are, however, light, have a velvet type padding on the entire inside of the headset, and again, sound great!

They come with a short USB cable to charge from your computer, a long wired charging cord to plug into an outlet if you'd prefer to charge from a wall socket, along with another cord to allow you to use them "wired"... perhaps if the battery goes dead? Not really sure why you'd want to use a cord on a wireless pair of headphones, but again, perhaps it's so if your headphones are out of juice, your music pleasure doesn't need to stop!

If you've held off getting wireless ears, thinking the technology "isn't quite there yet"... check these out!

11624-jabrahalofold.jpg

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I looked at these before I got my Motorola S305 stereo bluetooth headset. I really like the design and the folding part. However, they are nearly 3 times the price that I paid for my S305 and they get lower ratings on Amazon. I used my S305 yesterday for over an hour and got no skips. I was walking with them. They don't look as good as the Halo, but they work fine.

OP
S

Shel

Reaction score
Yea, they're not cheap.

When I purchased my Droid from BB, the salesperson gave me a business card, and wrote "give customer 20% discount on all Droid accessories"... being they didn't have a single Droid specific accessory at the time I purchased my Droid.

Now, the Halo isn't really a Droid specific accessory, but I figured I'd give it a try, and asked if they'd honor the discount on the back of the customer service reps business card.

They wouldn't give me 20%, being it was already discounted from $120 to $99,but they did give me another 10% off, so I got them for $90 plus tax, just under $100.

Not cheap, but they do sound and work great!

Hadn't really seen the ones you have.

OP
S

Shel

Reaction score
If I had seen those, I might have gotten those instead. However, I"m very pleased with the halo, other then they are a little on the expensive side.

They also allow you to answer and/or make phone calls... probably standard with stereo headphones.

The Halo features two built-in microphones to help it block out ambient noise. It also has onboard DSP circuitry to filter out unwanted background noise and bring the voices on the call to the fore.

They've been out for a while, I guess I just hadn't seen any reviews or heard about the Jabra Halo... or the S305 for that matter!~

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The S305 sound good at both ends while on a call, but I have not talked in a noisy environment yet. It sounds like the Halo might have better technology, but it is impossible to tell from specs. I got the retail sealed box version at Newegg when they were $36.99 with free shipping. The price you got them for beats any price I have seen on the web.

cathleen

Reaction score
Thanks to a small, high-grade microphone located beneath the right speaker, the S305 will pick up your voice in crisp detail. And if you should receive a call while your tunes are playing, the music will automatically pause. Just press the call button on the side of the headset to accept an incoming call.