No 3G?

philosojerk

Reaction score
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I've only had my Droid for 2 days, and the newest problem I'm experiencing is an inability to get 3G. It was working fine, then I was in the Market and it went away. Now I can't get it back. I'm in my home, in a major metropolitan city. My last phone (a blackberry) was also on Verizon, and I never had a problem getting 3G in my home. My partner still has a blackberry on Verizon, and he's getting a 3G signal right now, so I know it's not an outage.

I read elsewhere that it might have something to do with my battery settings, but even in performance mode I can't get the "3G" to show up in my status bar at the top. My wifi is working fine. I have tried turning the phone off and restarting. Nothing seems to be working.

Any advice? Thanks in advance

OP
P

philosojerk

Reaction score
sorry for bumping this, but my 3G is STILL not back, several hours later. Does anyone know what's up with this?

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Try *2289. Wait 20 minutes and if it is not back do a battery pull then do part 1 again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

philosojerk

Reaction score
Hi Lumpy, and thanks. What do you mean by "try *2289?"

Mamaperk

Reaction score
When my wifi is connected i don't see the 3g up top either but I'm definitely connected. I can't recall ever seeing both wifi and 3g at the same time but may have not paid attention.

OP
P

philosojerk

Reaction score
When my wifi is connected i don't see the 3g up top either but I'm definitely connected. I can't recall ever seeing both wifi and 3g at the same time but may have not paid attention.

Until it went out this afternoon, I was seeing both whenever I was at home. Maybe I wasn't supposed to?

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I never see 3G while connected to a wifi.
*2289 re-activates your phone.
Just doing a battery pull has helped me in the past.

feelleecop

Reaction score
no 3g

i had the same problem,it was an app that was causing my 3g outage.(advance task killer). i did a hard reset,installed apps 1 by 1.found problem.dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remove all taks killers, but if you have no 3G in a particular area and are getting it in other areas (I'm not sure if you mentioned where the problem was) then you can call Verizon and they will do a trouble ticket for you. It takes about 4 days and they will have someone come out and check your signal to see if there is an issue at the towers.

Take a 3 mile drive and see if you're getting 3G in that area. If so, it's probably the tower issue I described above.