no 3g?

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
hi all. i just moved from liberty GB (have been an avid user of liberty since 1.0), and im really really loving cm7. the only thing im having an issue with is my 3g. my DX is on cricket, and i usually have to create an APN, install autostart, and use adb to push and chmod 2 files over to the phone to get mobile data working. i wanted to include that to give a background to my issue.

The issue is i cant get it to switch to 3g from 1x. i've checked my programming in QPST and my apn and everything checks out, so its a software issue. At first i thought maybe flashing the latest nightly would help, im currently on cdma_shadow nightly 20. i have redone the flash and programming a few times to no avail, though the new nightly did fix some other unrelated things.

EDIT: i remembered, sometimes i'd have to flash the .591 kernel update on liberty to get it working, but i know that kernel would break cm7 so i cant try that

If anyone has any ideas for me to try, help would be greatly appreciated.

cron912

Reaction score
Is Data Enabled checked in Settings => Wireless & networks => Mobile networks?

OP
A

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
yah i checked and its all enabled and fine. i can get 1x data to work fine, but it just wont switch to 3g. its very odd

OP
A

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
Did you try re-activiating and updating your PRL?

yes i did. that was one of my first steps.

Funny thing though. Today i was out in town running errands and went with a friend to the cricket store to get his bill straightened out. anyway, when i got in the store (or on the way dunno, didnt check) i was in 3g. then for the longest time today while i was out i was in 3g but now im back to 1x. its odd. i got 3g where i live fine on liberty, but not cm7. i've been out in the town before on cm7 with only 1x though. weird.