Manual Activation Problems

metmike07

Reaction score
Decided to try CM7 after using Liberty .08 for a while. I live in Alaska where Verizon does not currently have towers so the regular *228 activation is not possible unless I ship my phone to somewhere that has Verizon towers. I have bypassed this on several different occasions by doing a manual program using ##7764726 from the dialpad then entering the appropriate information.

The problem is dialing ##7764726 doesn't take me into the program menu, it tries to dial like normal. Anyone else run into this issue?

OP
M

metmike07

Reaction score
After SBF back to .340 I tried to manually program the phone and it worked as it should so on the surface it appears as if it is a CM7 issue(in the past I've done the same with Liberty and Apex)

upperdecker49

Reaction score
Decided to try CM7 after using Liberty .08 for a while. I live in Alaska where Verizon does not currently have towers so the regular *228 activation is not possible unless I ship my phone to somewhere that has Verizon towers. I have bypassed this on several different occasions by doing a manual program using ##7764726 from the dialpad then entering the appropriate information.

The problem is dialing ##7764726 doesn't take me into the program menu, it tries to dial like normal. Anyone else run into this issue?

How did you program your phone that way? I am having some serious problems with my phone today and am going to have to do a factory reset. Instructions or a link to where I can find some would be very helpful.

vincent518

Reaction score

I used to activate this way before I moved. You cannot activate this way from any 2nd-init rom. You will have to do it on froyo before you install cm7

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums