No $15.00 Charge for MS Exchange Email.

agsone

Reaction score
Pricing on Website

I think the verizon website doesn't clearly define business/corporate well enough. I am still confused about the whole thing but I a going to take the less expesive route.

AGS

Donsell

Reaction score
I think the verizon website doesn't clearly define business/corporate well enough. I am still confused about the whole thing but I a going to take the less expesive route.

AGS

And every store rep a colleague and I have talked to says you need the $15 plan to connect to your companies Exchange server. I just ignore it because I know it isn't true.

dean.collins

Reaction score

AGS

And every store rep a colleague and I have talked to says you need the $15 plan to connect to your companies Exchange server. I just ignore it because I know it isn't true.

The two phone calls i made to tier 2 technical support Verizon this mornign both said the same thing.

if you want to connect to your Droid to your OWN exchange ActiveSync device you HAVE to sign up on the $44.99 plan.

Donsell

Reaction score
I set up my Droid to use our Exchange server and it worked fine on the $29.99 plan. There has been a lot of confusion, mostly from Verizon on this.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Again, it is a business ACCOUNT vs personal ACCOUNT issue. Not a 'using exchange' vs 'not using exchange' issue. Obviously the reps were not properly trained about this.

dean.collins

Reaction score
well not only aren't the reps not trained, legally according to the T&C of the website you are OBLIGATED to sign up for the $44.99 plan if you are going to use Microsoft Activesync.

Now it appears that you dont have to and a number of people have confirmed activesynch works on the $29.99 plan BUT it still pisses me off that Verizon cant explain this clearly in their contract (or that even if they turn a blind eye to it they could kick you off later for not signing up on the correct plan).

BigTex71

Reaction score
well not only aren't the reps not trained, legally according to the T&C of the website you are OBLIGATED to sign up for the $44.99 plan if you are going to use Microsoft Activesync.

Please link to the part of the contract that states this. Not that I don't believe it, that is just a strange way to implement the Exchange use.

dean.collins

Reaction score

Please link to the part of the contract that states this. Not that I don't believe it, that is just a strange way to implement the Exchange use.

https://store.verizonwireless.com/Detail/FeatureViewer.aspx?FeaturePK=10887

The Email and Web for BlackBerry and Email and Web for Smartphone Features are designed for personal, consumer use and are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications utilizing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Desktop Software, Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server or Good? Mobile Messaging.

Like i said it obviously 'works' without signing up for the $44.99 plan BUT if you ARE using Activesync then there is nothing stopping Verizon booting you from the service OR back billing you for the time on your contract where you didn't sign up for the proper service.

Cheers,
Dean
BTW I wonder if this means that you can sign up for this account BUT also use your own corporate BES to sync blackberry's without signing up for the $44.99 plan?

BigTex71

Reaction score

The Email and Web for BlackBerry and Email and Web for Smartphone Features are designed for personal, consumer use and are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications utilizing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Desktop Software, Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server or Good? Mobile Messaging.

Like i said it obviously 'works' without signing up for the $44.99 plan BUT if you ARE using Activesync then there is nothing stopping Verizon booting you from the service OR back billing you for the time on your contract where you didn't sign up for the proper service.

Cheers,
Dean
BTW I wonder if this means that you can sign up for this account BUT also use your own corporate BES to sync blackberry's without signing up for the $44.99 plan?

I see nothing that obligates a personal use plan to upgrade at all in there. It states " are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications..."

But it IS compatible, so that point it moot.

Donsell

Reaction score

Cheers,
Dean

That we agree on. This is just one of the policies that Verizon could easily make clear but they don't. If they were clear, even if it was more expensive, I believe their customer satisfaction would go up.