Verizon to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans

thelion

Reaction score
Their comparison with ATT is a bit flawed. It is only a $30 savings over ATT if you don't go with unlimited data and stick with just voice and text. Once you add on the data it is only a $10 savings. Sure, you still get the better network and a cooler phone but c'mon. It isn't $30. It is $10.

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Their comparison with ATT is a bit flawed. It is only a $30 savings over ATT if you don't go with unlimited data and stick with just voice and text. Once you add on the data it is only a $10 savings. Sure, you still get the better network and a cooler phone but c'mon. It isn't $30. It is $10.

I agree that $30 vs $10 is a big difference but regardless it is DEF less than AT&T and still makes a HUGE difference.

Even at $10 a month that is $120 a year to save over AT&T which in the lower price points would be more than 1 entire bill.

ScooberJake

Reaction score
But let me guess. Those of us who just bought a Droid and signed a new contract, those of us who have been Verizon customers for years, will be left out in the cold until our current contracts run out. Is that correct?

xmnj

Reaction score
But let me guess. Those of us who just bought a Droid and signed a new contract, those of us who have been Verizon customers for years, will be left out in the cold until our current contracts run out. Is that correct?

No, you can always change your rate plan, it just renews your contract from the date of change, but if I remember correctly, your phone upgrade date will not change.

Mojo

Reaction score

Nope once the new plans launch you are free to take advantage of the new pricing structure. VZW lets you change your plan at any time

Mojo

Reaction score

No, you can always change your rate plan, it just renews your contract from the date of change, but if I remember correctly, your phone upgrade date will not change.

That is not correct, it does not "renew your contract" to make a price plan change.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't be so sure about that. I've had many instances when a Verizon rep has noticed ways to save me money and advised me to switch from one plan to another. It's usually available for you to change on the web as well.

Mojo

Reaction score

Don't be so sure about that. I've had many instances when a Verizon rep has noticed ways to save me money and advised me to switch from one plan to another. It's usually available for you to change on the web as well.

Ding Ding Ding! Winner winner! Chicken Dinner! That is correct :icon_ banana:

lordegregious

Reaction score
I noticed it says 10 friends and family on the 900 and 2000 tier on one of the pictures near the bottom. Does that mean the family plan with 1400 will lose friends and family?

I'm glad they are at least reducing the amount of plans. We had been on AT&T for 5 years and it took me awhile to review all of the plans and what made them different. I was hoping there would be a reduction on the current price of my 1400 family with 4 lines but it looks like no dice.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Well, I'm on a family plan with 3 additional lines. Looks like there will be absolutely no decrease in what we pay. Bah.

Silver Member
Reaction score
so... now you can get unlimited messaging? is that what they're saying?

if i stick with my current plan, i'd save a whopping $4/mo. but if I wanted to have unlimited minutes, I'd only have to pay another $4/mo.

if i wanted to have unlimited family calling, i'd have to pay another $50/mo + another $30 data?

Silver Member
Reaction score
you're up for your NE2 or your contract expires on that date? most of the time they're two different dates.

btw, have you been waiting for this date the whole time? have you tried asking for an early upgrade?

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
If you don't have any friends or family, do you still qualify for the friends and family plan?