Nintendo 64 Emulator Comes to Android Market

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
legend-of-zelda-ocarina.jpg

Have you ever wanted to play old N64 games on your Android phone? Now you can. Yongzh, the developer behind NESoid, SNESoid, and several other well received emulators for Android just released a Nintendo 64 emulator to the Android Market. It's called N64oid and it has just come out of beta status. Most games work with it and at a good framerate, especially if you have one of the newer and faster phones. Keep in mind that you must own a copy of the game to play legally and will need the ROMs for the games you want to play, but if you do, you could soon be playing Super Mario 64 or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on your Android!

Source: AndroidPolice

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure cheap folks (like me) would want to know that it costs $5.99. Sounds like it's worth it, but too bad there isn't a crippled free version for trialware.

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

Robster

Reaction score
I own many N64 games. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ooooo, I bet you $100 that's a "taboo" question--I recently got some heat for indirectly implying that one could move an Android app from one device to another. :blink:

-Matt

Sarg338

Reaction score
Ohh, good news. Wish it was a bit cheaper though. Maybe $2.99 or so.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Take it from a guy who was like # 20 on the list of paying customers,

As of yet, there aren't a lot of the usual 'oid' features, so i dont think a free version will be out for a little bit.

BUT! Games can run impressively fast depending on your phone, it seems the framerate is not limited to what is n64 standard. On my D2G running full speed many games will be 2x or more faster and are still smooth. Audio is not bad, i didnt notice it getting choppy.

For an emulator that had been in development for over a year, I was expecting a little more polish feature wise. Aside, I have to admit that in my rush of playing portable!!! Ocarina of Time I decided to throw down another $5 for gameboid to support yongzh.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats up Matt...I wonder if this will work on Nook Color?

Also has anyone bought this? I assume .N64 Rom files work on this Emulator?

EagleStrike

Reaction score
I already find it hard enough to play SNES on my Droid X... I cant really imagine how N64 would be >.<! Oh well, I suppose I should just skip on on this one since playing n64 on PC is much easier and faster anyways.

Parter28

Reaction score
There's an app in the market place that'll download them for you. Just do a quick search. I bought the app and I've very pleased, well worth the money. I would've probably chared more :p.
Anyways it runs mario 64 pretty smooth on my D2 global underclocked to 1ghz. No need for it to run at 1.2, it just drains your battery faster :D.