NFL app blocking HDMI video output?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I just noticed when running NFL live on the GN through the HDMI adapter to my big screen TV an immediate error occurs. When I hit the watch button the error says HDMI output connected "error" and drops me back the the NFL menu.

I know it didn't happen a few days ago, I'm wondering whats wrong now. Reset the app cleared data etc. and still N/G.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Ron W.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I just noticed when running NFL live on the GN through the HDMI adapter to my big screen TV an immediate error occurs. When I hit the watch button the error says HDMI output connected "error" and drops me back the the NFL menu.

I know it didn't happen a few days ago, I'm wondering whats wrong now. Reset the app cleared data etc. and still N/G.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Ron W.

It's by design man. I had the same "problem" on my Bionic. It wont let the video output through HDMI.. NFL doesnt want it's content leaving the phone lol

OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
It's by design man. I had the same "problem" on my Bionic. It wont let the video output through HDMI.. NFL doesnt want it's content leaving the phone lol

It's funny that's what my wife said, she said that they wouldn't want every one transmitting the video to all the big screens out there...makes sense if you think about it.

Ron

???

Reaction score
there was a work around on the X, cause my buddy did it at work all the time.

I don't get nfl network where I live. so i will be wanting to find that hack for the nexus when those thrusday night games come back

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The app for the X was called RealHDMI. No clue if it works on the GNexus though, but I used it to watch the NFL app, Netflix, etc.

WarMachin3

Reaction score
The application is have been using to bypass this is called X ternal display works for both the x and bionic its in the market for free. Basically just open it before you open nfl mobile it will have a icon in your drop down area and boom your good to go. Works for the lapdock and the hdmi dock and just the hdmi cord.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

???

Reaction score
I don't see a x ternal display in the market.

???

Reaction score
hmm still nothing. could just be me thou

I'll wait and see if someone else gets it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just installed it and got a message "sorry, this will only work on the Droidx"