Nexus One Headset for Droid

msmojorisin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Ive tried to search for this but couldn't find it. SO i've been searching for some good earbuds that will control the music on the droid. and i was gandering at the headset that comes with the nexus one, and it seems to have all the controls im looking for, play, pause, fast forward, rewind. so i'm wondering, will this work with the droid? and also, how can we purchase this headset w/o buying the nexus one?!

Reks

Reaction score
been looking all over the place for a headset with music controls. they will hopefully sell the headset separately, other than these i have not seen any that are similar to an iphone headset that works with the droid.

OP
M

msmojorisin

Reaction score
yeah i've been looking all over too. and it seems like all possible options are really expensive and still might not work fully. so i think this is gonna be what comes closest. how can we get our hands on some? aside from begging a nexus one owner....

graff_king

Reaction score
I would love a headset with full controls. For the time being I am using the premium blackberry headset I had with my storm2. It will play/pause and thats about it.Sometimes it will allow me to skip tracks. Not ideal but works for the time being.

pdoxsey

Reaction score
I have the Motorola S9.. Volume / track / phone controls... I love it..

him

Reaction score
Im using BT 3030 dog tag and it gives me full control over thephone. My wife is using the sony ericson. Whats cool about it is you can use your own ear buds. you should search for it.

Reks

Reaction score
yeah there are tons of bluetooth alternatives with music control I was more interested in having a wired headset so I wouldn't have to deal with charging the thing.

Reks

Reaction score
Picked up the v moda faze to test with the droid. Handles pause/play and call answering, no voice commands and no skip/back. The headset does have the function built in however so I am hoping this is just a software issue they will update later.

Any news on the n1 headset?

Reks

Reaction score
Found an app called droid shuffle that enables music control similar to the iphone headset. Works with just about any headset with a mic input. Completely satisfied now with my droid as an mp3 player. Give it a shot the double and triple presses need to be input a bit slowly but still an awesome app.

mudpro69

Reaction score
I have the Motorola S9.. Volume / track / phone controls... I love it..

X2 on this combo..all of the iphone fan-boys at work are seeing green with envy...Damn, look at that forty year old with his droid,S9 headset and swype keyboard...Hey I'm cool again...and I don't have to refer to my hay-days of the 80's...

OP
M

msmojorisin

Reaction score
Found an app called droid shuffle that enables music control similar to the iphone headset. Works with just about any headset with a mic input. Completely satisfied now with my droid as an mp3 player. Give it a shot the double and triple presses need to be input a bit slowly but still an awesome app.

Can I ask you which exact headset you are using? Also, I can't seem to get the camera button to work with this app.

Thanks in advance!

Reks

Reaction score

Can I ask you which exact headset you are using? Also, I can't seem to get the camera button to work with this app.

Thanks in advance!

i'm using the vmoda faze, using the headset mic button to control music. have not tried using the camera button for anything since it turns on the screen, something that is impossible to avoid due to the way the os works i hear.

Reaction score
Just got a N1 today, was curious if the neat headset would work on my droid (has all my music). The audio works fine, play/pause works good, but the fwd/back seem to be glitchy. It seems to skip tracks if I hold fwd. Maybe im not using it right?

will.anaya

Reaction score
recently purchased some sony earbuds at best buy. saw some volume control buds for 30 dollars, me, i went for the studio sound headphones by sony. greatest earbuds ever did i purchase.