Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
EyN3Y.png

STRAIGHT FROM SOURCE

Sony, LG and Samsung are making the new Nexus phones?

The Wall Street Journal posted a rumour earlier this year that we would see 5 Nexus devices in 2012. Two of those have been officially unveiled; the Nexus 7 and the Nexus Q. Last week rumours cropped up about Samsung doing a hardware refresh of the Galaxy Nexus - and now it seems that both Sony and LG will be coming with their own Nexus phones as well.

Apparently Japanese mobile provider NTT Docomo had sent their release schedule to +Androidnoodles 速食資訊 - whilst it listed a Sony Xperia Nexus, an LG Optimus Nexus, and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus II all set for a Winter 2012 release.

SOURCE: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108489782256316824947/posts/4BYmcZpQM3q

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
the sony nexus looks odd, a convex curve opposite of the galaxy nexus? doesnt sound very comfortable

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The convexity is so slight as to be almost flat, but vertical concave is the only non-flat surface that makes sense in a pocket. Maybe intended to clearly differentiate from the IPhone?

52brandon

Reaction score
the sony nexus looks odd, a convex curve opposite of the galaxy nexus? doesnt sound very comfortable
it looks like it's only the back that curves. I've got big hands so I only hold the edges on my GNEX as it is, so comfort-wise, it doesn't concern me. It is a sexy looking phone. I don't believe I have EVER owned a Sony phone. This may be the first if the specs are as good as the looks and Nexus tag would somewhat imply...

npro1464

Reaction score
Just a mockup. Too bad. I freaking cant wait though! The only bad news is that these phones will be put out in winter and not fall. I would suspect they will put this out before Christmas sometime. The more Nexus rumors coming out, the better I feel that I returned my GS3.

I hope these phones will all be released for $400 like the GSM GNex.

Last edited:

52brandon

Reaction score
Just a mockup. Too bad. I freaking cant wait though! The only bad news is that these phones will be put out in winter and not fall. I would suspect they will put this out before Christmas sometime. The more Nexus rumors coming out, the better I feel that I returned my GS3.

I hope these phones will all be released for $400 like the GSM GNex.
I'm guessing they will drop on black Friday, or right about there

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
it looks like it's only the back that curves. I've got big hands so I only hold the edges on my GNEX as it is, so comfort-wise, it doesn't concern me. It is a sexy looking phone. I don't believe I have EVER owned a Sony phone. This may be the first if the specs are as good as the looks and Nexus tag would somewhat imply...
Maybe it's my eyes, but I see curve on the front as well. I wouldn't call my hands big, but I can easily reach across my GNex. But that just looks and sounds uncomfortable..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
looks like apple got their work cut out for them with such onslaught of android powerhouses.

jerkwad

Reaction score
i would take this phone out to dinner and then take it back to my place for some "one-on-one" time...THATS how sexy i think this phone looks!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Xperia Nexus is a great looking handset. I like it :)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
i would take this phone out to dinner and then take it back to my place for some "one-on-one" time...THATS how sexy i think this phone looks!

I will not tolerate you saying such about my new wife. Have at you!