Nexus international use (specifically Thailand)

GoHuskies

Reaction score
I'm new to this GSM/SIM card business. I'm going to Thailand next month on my honeymoon, and I'm wondering if I can access a local network (particularly a data network) on my Galaxy Nexus while I'm there. Any ideas much appreciated!

Insidious

Reaction score
As far as I know, the Nexus is not a global capable phone. You will most likely not be able to connect to other networks. A few examples of phones that are global capable is the Droid 3, Droid Incredible 2, and the Droid 2 Global. The reason the Gnex is not capable is because even though it is GSM, it's radio does not support quad/pentaband frequencies, which is what most GSM carriers run off of.

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
As far as I know, the Nexus is not a global capable phone. You will most likely not be able to connect to other networks. A few examples of phones that are global capable is the Droid 3, Droid Incredible 2, and the Droid 2 Global. The reason the Gnex is not capable is because even though it is GSM, it's radio does not support quad/pentaband frequencies, which is what most GSM carriers run off of.

Thanks--that makes sense.