Nexus in the toilet

pchakmak

Reaction score
Disgusting. I cant believe this actually happened. Ok so here it is...I grabbed it super fast and pretty much everything seems to be working except for the speaker, I cant hear anything when I make phone calls. Also, I cant charge. A couple questions, I have the full protection plan from Verizon. Does this cover water damage? Second, I am unlocked...do I have to reset to stock in order get a new phone?

i dont know about the protection plan i am almost certain that it does not cover water damage.. now if you have insurance that will work..
as far as resetting goes i would return it back to stock prior to making a claim,

i dont know about the protection plan i am almost certain that it does not cover water damage.. now if you have insurance that will work..
as far as resetting goes i would return it back to stock prior to making a claim,

First post was incorrect. I have the full protection plan through Asurion. I believe that covers water damage??

Will I be able to get back all my contacts, messages, pics etc. I am assuming if I do a back up of everything I will be able to get that stuff back on my new phone?

Your contacts and apps are tied to your Google account. However your messages, pics, and a few other things aren't. If you do make a backup of those things, using Titanium Backup for example, you can take those backup files and transfer them to your PC to use on your replacement later.

As long as your contacts are Google contacts you will be able to get them back.... if they are phone contacts you can not.

With Asurion you will have to pay the deductible but as you stated it does cover water damage.

If you need texts and other items from your phone use this http://www.fjsoft.at/en/ the only thing is that you need the usb to work you connect it to your computer and go from there. Good luck!

If I had a rooted phone that fell in the toilet, I would just tell verizon that you were somewhere on a bridge and accidentally dropped the phone into the river( or on an mountain overlook, etc...). Give me another phone under the terms of my insurance. End of story. :biggrin:

If I had a rooted phone that fell in the toilet, I would just tell verizon that you were somewhere on a bridge and accidentally dropped the phone into the river( or on an mountain overlook, etc...). Give me another phone under the terms of my insurance. End of story. :biggrin:
And that would be EVIL_Mr.CLAW:icon_ devil:.On this site we're :saint:.:D

Back