Nexus drivers HELP!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, I've ran into an issue that I have never had with before on my previous Galaxy Nexus devices. I just got a CLNR and I'm trying to root, unlock, and install a rom. The Galaxy Nexus drivers install but once I turn on Debugging mode, I get a message saying that the drivers didn't intall correctly. I've tried all methods of installing the drivers that are on the Nexus rootkit with no success. Can someone please help me out here!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Getting the drivers set up is the hard part. May want to try un installing the drivers, reboot the PC, reinstall the drivers, reboot the PC again, then connect the phone to see if it works.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I gave it a try about a dozen times. The drivers still won't install. It's weird because I've never had issues with my previous Nexus. Last week I got managed to get to the UNLOCK stage but then it automatically locked itself after I tried to install a rom.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you try installing drivers with PDAnet? I ran into this problem awhile back and that method worked out for me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always had to manually do it via the device manager - it never seemed to "stick" otherwise... rough memory here, but get into the device manager with phone plugged in, find the adb/usb device (might have a yellow exclamation), right-click, update driver, browse computer, pick from a list, android phone (possibly, might not show this), then choose Samsung.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I gave it a try with no success. I also tried installing it via PDAnet.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel