Nexus 6P 128GB is Available for Pre-order Straight From Huawei

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6p-huawei-preorder.jpg

Some folks who were hoping to get their hands on the new Huawei made Google Nexus 6P have had a frustrating experience. The device's pre-orders went out-of-stock very quickly, so many folks didn't get on the list to get one.

For those who simply must jump on the pre-order bandwagon, there is a new alternative. Huawei is apparently offering a pre-order directly on their own website for the 128GB version of the Nexus 6P. Of course, there's no telling how long this offer will last, and the price for the 128GB model is obviously higher than the others, but at least it's an option you can take advantage of now.

Here's the link: Nexus 6P

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Nice. Thanks for the heads up David!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ordered my 64GB model from them due to financing options and because I was curious to see how that compared to others' experiences ordering through Google Play.

Interesting that they didn't initially have the 128's available and that they still only have the aluminum and graphite versions, no frost white version available through Huawei.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stupid Fraud detection lol. And by stupid I mean great. I said screw it and just tried to order the 128 GB version through Huawei and was shut down. Talked to customer service with my CC so I should be good now..we'll see how it goes.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ordered my 64GB model from them due to financing options and because I was curious to see how that compared to others' experiences ordering through Google Play.

Interesting that they didn't initially have the 128's available and that they still only have the aluminum and graphite versions, no frost white version available through Huawei.
How much are your monthly payments?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How much are your monthly payments?
$56 something a month. Only a one-year deal vs. up to 2 that most other OEMs/carriers offer. There's interest involved, but you only pay interest for the as long as you have the "loan," so paying it off early knocks off the interest. I'm banking on my wife's grandma being as generous this year for Christmas as she was last year. If that's the case, I'll have it paid off before the New Year. If not, I paid off the car in May, so the bigger payments and being done quicker is still worth a bit of interest to me.

I don't have the best of credit right now, so, others with better credit might find better terms from Affirm (the third-party that handles the financing) than what I was able to secure.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you on Project Fi btw @Jonny Kansas?

Planning on activating the 6P on Fi and wanted to know how easy it is to port my current phone # over...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wish! No T-mo or Sprint in my area, so fi only promises 2G everywhere that I spend all of my time. Not a big deal with Wifi at home and work, but I like to get out once in a while and won't even try with 2G.

Rumor has it that T-mo plans to build up like crazy in this area next year though, so I may give it a go once that's a reality, though it's hard to beat VZW's coverage here and between here and home when I travel to visit.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I wish the 64GB was in stock... not sure I really need 128GB... Wanna trade? @Jonny Kansas :p