Nexus 6 Sim card trouble

javajoe1982

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Maxx
I don't know if anyone else has had any problems with this, but I thought I would add mine just in case it happens to someone else.

There was recently a network outage here in the southeast US through Verizon. When everyone around me was getting their coverage back my poor Nexus wouldn't reregister on the network. After, factory reset, flashing back to stock, reflashing every radio I could find, and talking with Verizon support (they were extremely helpful) I could not get the problem fixed. One call to Motorola and after describing my problem they issued a RMA and replaced my phone under warranty.

So, long story short, if you have problems with your SIM card it might very well be the SIM tray. The speed in which they replaced my phone, and lack of simple support steps to walk through makes me think this might be a very common problem.

Reactions: CJM

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thank you for sharing the info.. And we hope you get it back quickly

Tap'd by Big 6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My Co worker had an issue similar to this.. Except she installed a t-mobile sim in the device.. Then she put her vzw sim in it.. And it wouldn't recognize any network after that.. Then..she got a warranty replacement.. And tried it again... It's a Nexus.. Right?? It's supposed to be able to go on Amy of the big 4 carriers... Well.. This time.. It worked on t-mobile just fine.. And it switched to vzw just fine.. But a few days later she put the t-mobile sim in.. And the new device did the same thing... Again.. So... Replacement number 3..it seems to work as it should...

She got a t-mobile test drive sim to see how the nexus worked on a different network.. She says she's not planning on swapping Sims again... Lol

OP
J

javajoe1982

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Maxx
My Co worker had an issue similar to this.. Except she installed a t-mobile sim in the device.. Then she put her vzw sim in it.. And it wouldn't recognize any network after that.. Then..she got a warranty replacement.. And tried it again... It's a Nexus.. Right?? It's supposed to be able to go on Amy of the big 4 carriers... Well.. This time.. It worked on t-mobile just fine.. And it switched to vzw just fine.. But a few days later she put the t-mobile sim in.. And the new device did the same thing... Again.. So... Replacement number 3..it seems to work as it should...

She got a t-mobile test drive sim to see how the nexus worked on a different network.. She says she's not planning on swapping Sims again... Lol
I have a small panic attack whenever I reboot my phone now.

Is...is it going to reconnect? Please God let it get a signal. Is this taking longer than usual!? WHY HAVEN'T YOU CON...there it goes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. Yeah... She does too

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hers is dropping 4g alot.. All of a sudden

OP
J

javajoe1982

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Maxx
It did the same thing again last night. Factory reset and it started working again. I'm thinking of trying to get a new Sim card and see if that helps at all.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Good luck.. I hope it helps..