Next OnePlus Phone Won't Be The OnePlus 3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday OnePlus confirmed that they would be releasing another higher powered device later this year. It seems that they have heard consumer complaints about the OnePlus 2 and have decided to up the ante for one last smartphone to wrap up the year. There have not been any details released about this device, but we don know thanks to a recent Reddit "AskMeAnything" that the device will not be called the OnePlus 3.

We hope for a higher specd version of the OnePlus 2 that maybe includes some of the features that were missing. A quote from OnePlus co-founder "Carl Pei" may suggest that the device will focus more on design than function. “When I saw the prototype for that phone I was like ‘holy s— that’s going to be my daily driver,’”
Hopefully this won't just be a mini version of the OnePlus 2 aka "OnePlus Mini". What do you guys think? Would you rather have a smaller version of the OnePlus 2 or a speced out mega phone?

Via Reddit

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It'll be interesting to see which direction they go with this device. Either loaded to the hilt or a mid range model at half the price. I'm thinking mid range so they can make/sell more in order to further build their brand.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't think they will launch a high end phone as 6 months is not enough time for them to get payback from the One + 2
I'm with you @cr6 and expect a midrange device.

Reactions: cr6

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
These guys must have bumped their head before the strategy meeting. They're going to kill their sales if they elude to a higher spec phone. Especially if a lot of potential customers feel as if OP dropped the ball with the newly revealed model. Who's going to want to buy the lower tier model when they say the top tier model is coming out in a few months?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Regardless of the specs, if you've got a waiting list that's miles long for the device(s) you've already released, I'm not sure that kicking out another device is the answer. I'm as interested to see what they do as anyone, but I'm not seeing how this is a good idea either way for reasons that you've all pretty much covered all ready.