Newly Rooted

Dawg5

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've owned a Dinc for several months now. After months of indecision, I finally rooted a few days ago. I'm open to any suggestions on what to do next, in particular, which "root only" apps to get. I love Android and all you can do with it. Looking forward to learning from you guys.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and dark side (rooted). Are you interested in installing a custom rom? If so check out the Incredible rom section. Additionally, look for kernels to over clock (get setCPU paid app in market) wireless tether will allow you to tether you phone to your computer and look for DroCap(free) it allows you to take screen shoots of your phone.

Enjoy your stay.

Mike

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. As mwhartman suggest, since your are rooted, your not limited to just apps anymore. The kernels and roms are the best part. Check out some files explorers like File Manager, Astro, Root Explorer, etc. I dont know what works on the Dinc, but I also use ROM Manager and a few apps from Stephen (stericson). You can find those by searching the market.

OP
D

Dawg5

Reaction score
Thanks Mike and CJM. I am looking at some ROMs and some themes. Many opinions on the forums. Looks like I will just have to start trying some of them out and decide for myself. I would like to get your opinions on some apps though.

So far, I have down loaded Setcpu, Busybox, and Absolute System Root Tools. Looking at ROM Manager and Root Explorer now. I already have EStrongs and Androxplorer but don't know if they will be adequate. I like them both, just never settled on one or the other. Now that I'm rooted, I think I may need to go with just one. You think I should get rid of them and go with RE now?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Looks like your off to a good start. RE is good or just use those apps and keep the one that works for you. I recommend Titanium Backup, or something like it, to backup your files. And if you dont already know, stay away from task killers. And take time to set up some profiles in SetCPU. Your battery will love you for it.

OP
D

Dawg5

Reaction score
Thanks CJM. Forgot to mention that Titanium was the first app I down loaded after rooting. I think I will go with RE. I just tried ES and Andro X and they are not going to work too well for root. May look into Astro as well. Thanks again for the advice.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Titanium and MybackUp Pro. Both are excellent. I believe the MyBackUp Pro has an easier UI but that is me. Additionally, I use RE which is another excellent app. Looks like you are well on your way. Enjoy!

Mike