Newly Leaked AnTuTu Benchmarks Seem to Refute Previous Spec Leaks for Galaxy S5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s5-antutu-benchmark-hdblog-1.jpg
galaxy-s5-antutu-benchmark-hdblog-4.jpg

Some new AnTuTu benchmarks have shown up online which are supposedly of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5. These benchmarks include specs which contradict earlier rumors. According to these benchmarks, the Galaxy S5 will come with a 1920 x 1080 display with 480 pixel-per-inch (ppi) density, a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor & Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM, a 16-megapixel rear camera and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.

Previously we reported higher end specs than these. Two different earlier rumors suggest the SGS5 will come with a newer Snapdragon 805 CPU (or octa-core 64-bit Exynos SoC), a WQHD (2K) resolution (2,560 x 1,440 pixels) display, and 3GB RAM.

We aren't sure why there is a discrepancy between the intel, but we can't say we are surprised by this. The previous rumors seem a bit on the optimistic side. Of course, we would love to see the higher-end specs come true and will applaud if they do, but we also won't be surprised if the SGS5 ends up with the specs from this newer rumor. Regardless, this benchmark could prove to be false or misleading as well. We will keep an eye on this and let you guys know if anything new pushes this one direction or the other.

Source: BGR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If those specs are right, Samsung is dropping the ball on them then. Considering the specs in the S4, I have a feeling the S series phones aren't designed to be the hard hitting hardware phone but the mainstream feature phone. The Note 3 seems to be getting the love in the hardware area. Don't get me wrong, the Snapdragon 800 is a great chip to have but the S4 had a snapdragon 600 which is quite under powered IMO.

Then again, these are still just rumors until the phone is released so it may not be real at all.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So, then, essentially all they did was upgrade the display and add a few mp to the camera? Is it possible that, in order to continue milking this cash cow, upgrades are going to become even more marginal?

Bara65

Reaction score
This is just spec of GS4 LTE-A model of last year. I think this is likely a proto type testing, not with final spec. If history is any indication, leaks through benchmarks rarely reveal the final spec.

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Well, if this rings true, I feel better about snagging a Note 3 on Monday when my contract expires and I bid the Droid 4 farewell...

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
2 questions...Why are the top of the pics different? and Why was the phone put in airplane mode after benchmark? Something seem fishy?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If those specs are right, Samsung is dropping the ball on them then. Considering the specs in the S4, I have a feeling the S series phones aren't designed to be the hard hitting hardware phone but the mainstream feature phone. The Note 3 seems to be getting the love in the hardware area. Don't get me wrong, the Snapdragon 800 is a great chip to have but the S4 had a snapdragon 600 which is quite under powered IMO.

Then again, these are still just rumors until the phone is released so it may not be real at all.
The S4 still has the Snapdragon 600 and it is not underpowered, phone is fast and runs smooth as butter, in what way is it underpowered, please explain, what can a phone with a Snapdragon 800 chip do on a daily basis that a phone with a Snapdragon 600 chip can not do, please real world usage, not benchmark numbers. As we all know smartphones have become so powerful that upgrading every two years most of the time makes no sense, heck the S3 is still a formidable smartphone that will take care of all your day to day tasks with ease. Is there an app that the S3 or the S4 can not run that a phone with the Snapdragon 800 can, as we all know apps have a ways to go to take advantage of these new powerful chips in these phones today.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I just feel like Samsung is taking a step back with these specs if they are true. They just dont really feel like major competition to the other major phones. The g2 already has most of these specs except for the 16 megapixel camera its only 13 but it has the 800 chip in both now so samsung hopefully has some tricks up their sleeves because I'm not too interested in this phone and my upgrade is in a couple months. Right now I'm liking the HTC Two more than this but that's me. I have never been a Samsung fan but if they get something good going for this thing then I might buy it.

RemyL75

Reaction score
OK, just for giggles, I ran AnTuTu on my Note 3, and it tested higher than this... 35990. Also, there are some lines missing from the specs sheet above that AnTuTu normally shows, like screen size and screen materials. While the processor is a little faster than what's in the Note 3 (according to specs anyway), I will wait until the phone is released to see the actual specs. I am a Samsung fan, but i know they have done marginal upgrades in the past on the Galaxy S line (512MB more RAM and increasing the CPU speed by 200-300Mhz). For the record, I am very happy with the Note series, but the Mrs has a Galaxy S4 and she has an upgrade coming this year. So I am mildly interested in the S5.

Bara65

Reaction score
Didn't we see reports that Samsung began mass production of QHD display couple of months ago and 64 bit Exynos 6 will be ready in time for S5 release? Also QUALCOMM already put out S805 chip late last year. so what's to stop Sammy to make S5 a notch above S4 LTE-A? If the spec in this suspicious benchmark is true, Samsung would be shooting at their feet amid competition like G3, HTC two.