Newest Lenovo Android Tab to Include Tegra 3, 2GB Ram, Ice Cream Sandwich & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-kal-el-gal-2011-11-01.jpg

It appears that the Transformer Prime from Asus, will not be the only Tegra 3 Quad-Core powered device to come along. Lenovo is working on a high-end Android tablet of their own, and this baby features some very impressive specs:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • 2GB of 1,600MHz DDR3 Ram
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Full-size USB port
  • Fingerprint scanner & Optical joystick (On back)
  • Special Fusion-Skin Body
It seems like the tablet wars are heating up all over again for a brutal beginning of 2012, both in the low-end consumer friendly market and the high-end hardcore market. What do you think of this beast?

There are a few more pics of the tablet over at the source link, but they didn't have any front facing shots.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Engadget

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OOOOOooooooo that looks cool 2gb of ram and a fingerprint reader. Haha im inm love. a fingerprint reader would be much better than a password. Next up a retina scanner.

Tas

Reaction score
Now this is some specs to be salivating over. Need to read more on this baby.

Tas

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks nothing like an ipad. Nice!:biggrin:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Oooooh :blink: Lenovo! :biggrin: I like the IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, so if their tablets are as well constructed as their ThinkPads then I'm sold!

...the Lenovo ideaPads are another story. :dry:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....with the full-size USB this could be the first real contender to replace a netbook or low-end laptop (assuming you can get an optional keyboard). That has some serious horsepower - really only games and power spreadsheets/powerpoints need more. I guess add video editing to that.

Would LOVE to see a fingerprint reader that can operate as fast as you can unlock the thing, or even to pick it up. In an ideal world it would be secure without the hassle of actually having to unlock or pass security. Because of that, at home or the office I'd usually disable security, but I'd prefer not to. Gets annoying having to turn on the screen and unlock every time you need to use your phone.

Heywood

Reaction score
Sweet! We just purchased two Lenovo laptops and I have been very very impressed with both. I can't wait to see this in person.