TeamRiceRacing

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've had a grip of phones, EnVs, Dares, a few blackberries including the Storms. I just sold my Storm2 to get a Droid. All my pals have iphones but I couldn't bring myself to go to At&t. And I figured I'd let the Droid X come out, get the kinks worked out before I get one.

So being new to a non Blackberry I have no clue what rooted means or what it does for me, but any tips out there would rock.

I have to say the app store is hands down better than BB's is. I've got more useless apps already that I'll have to slow down or figure a way to store them on the SD card or hook up my dell desktop to it. haha!

Little background on me. I work for a Automotive/Marine custom shop. We do rims, lifts, lower kits, window tint, and Stereo/mobile TVs in automotive and marine products. I'm not going to give you a website since that could be called spam. Just google Clear View Service in Cedar Falls, iowa if you want to see some killer cars/boats. Nothing too crazy, but fun.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Rooting just gives you access to all of the phone basically. Let's you overclock and do all sorts of stuff that would otherwise be not allowed, think jailbreaking an iphone.