Newbie with gmail and yahoo issue

shand617

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday and I have a few questions.
1. Is there a way to delete your gmail mails just from the Droid without removing them from my computer?

2. Is there a way to just receive the emails from my inbox on Yahoo, because I am now receiving everything including my Spam folder?

3. Is there a way to delete multiple emails or do I have to delete each individually?

Thanks

brianr0131

Reaction score
1. Not sure, but I think no. You may be able to accomplish a sleeker (or more private, if that's what you're looking for) look by using folders
2. Posssibly with Yahoo Plus. No go with free yahoo.
3. Yep. Click the checkbox on the left of each email then select an action. (delete, mark read, mark unread etc)

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday and I have a few questions.
1. Is there a way to delete your gmail mails just from the Droid without removing them from my computer?

Thanks

Yes, it's one of the options on google mail when you set up pop/imap.

OP
S

shand617

Reaction score
My account was already set up. Is there a way to do it now. To remove my gmail account and start over means going back to factory default

OP
S

shand617

Reaction score
I have Yahoo Plus how do I get it to work so I only get mail from my inbox not spam

tbever

Reaction score
If you setup your Yahoo account on the Droid for IMAP access rather than POP access it should keep your inbox clean. Google it for instructions as they have been posted.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I think my question is similiar. I have a yahoo plus account and previously was using the imap settings given by Verizon since I got my phone 11/6. Recently it stopped working. So I called and they had me delete and put in as a pop3 account w.yahoo's standard settings. It worked, except I get "connection error" sometimes, and I also don't get notification on new emails unless I go into the account. It also doesn't know what emails have been read like it used to? Help Please, I love the phone but this is a huge problem. Also wi-fi is turned off?

thelion

Reaction score
My account was already set up. Is there a way to do it now. To remove my gmail account and start over means going back to factory default

Go to your gmail account on your computer (not your phone) and go to settings. Under Forwarding POP/IMAP go to POP Download and #2 pick the option that serves you best. I archive.