Newbie with docking question

das9

Reaction score
I am new to smartphones and am starting off with the droid razr (which I love so far). I just put an otter box commuter series case on it and wonder if the Motorolla docking stations (for the home or the car) will work/fit with this case on the phone (or is it too thick)?

I'll do some searching on the forums here and see if this question has already been answered. Glad to be here! Look forward to learning lots about this phone and relevant apps.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am new to smartphones and am starting off with the droid razr (which I love so far). I just put an otter box commuter series case on it and wonder if the Motorolla docking stations (for the home or the car) will work/fit with this case on the phone (or is it too thick)?

I'll do some searching on the forums here and see if this question has already been answered. Glad to be here! Look forward to learning lots about this phone and relevant apps.

Can't say for sure, but the dock does have an insert that snaps out to allow for SOME cases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

Like FoxKat I am unsure on your question. But dig around in the Razr section, I would think someone has come across this at some point.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I could not get my Razr with the communter case to fit into the standard desk dock - even with the the plastic back piece removed from the dock. I am using the VZW shell now which fits just right.

OP
D

das9

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know. Bummer though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums