Newbie wanting to root for wireless hotspot

countryfireman

Reaction score
Can someone please help me. I'm a uneducated in rooting or hacking or anything technical, so I need a simple program and instructions on exactly how to root my Droid X running Android 2.2.1 so I can then use it as a wireless hotspot for my iPad 2 & Laptop.

The more details and simple explanations the better. Looking for simplicity, and ability to unroot in case I need to return to Verizon. I'm not looking to do anything else to my phone except to use the wireless hotspot when traveling. otherwise I will probably leave it unrooted.

I do not want to end up bricking my phone, it is a necessity that I can't live without due to the nature of my job!!

Please take the time to help this newbie!!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Trust me I know exactly how you feel. But before I tell you just thought I'd mention that AT&T is cracking down on the teethering and Verizon is expected to follow.
Knowing that there is this app its Z4root and its a one click root app. If you Google it I'm sure you can find it. Just click the root and then it'll download the files and when your rooted there is an unroot button. Just click it and you should be good.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
countryfireman

countryfireman

Reaction score
Ok, done! Thank you everyone for your replies!

I just don't know how to delete this thread.

Last edited: