Newbie twice over

Cole_L

Reaction score
HI all,

I was given a Droid - the original - which took me off the IPhone waiting list. I am fortunate to own two residences, one in New Hampshire and one in Arizona. I will allow readers to guess which part of the year I spend in which location. AT&T has virtually no signal in either home. Sprint only in AZ, but Verizon has strong signal in both homes, so I stuck with my Treo awaiting IPhone and Verizon to connect. That may happen, but the gift launched me into the Andoid world. THEN, I lost the Android. Really sad and guilty, so I ordered a Droid X. Delivery took 2 days and it is a significant uptick from the original Droid. Both are enormous improvement over the Treo. I have been forgiven for losing the original and now have insurance plus lookout installed on the Droid X. I highly recommend Lookout which is free and people can make the business decision regarding insurance.

I like the Android OS, but cannot guarantee that I won't acquire an IPhone if it comes available on Verizon. In the meantime, the Droid X is very nice and I am awaiting Froyo and later 3.0.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. I don't believe that iPhone will ever be available on Verizon, but that's OK. You may learn to love the Droid a little more then the iPhone in a while.

If you need some help along the way that's what we are here for. :)

Jaxom

Reaction score
My wife and I have recently switched from AT&T to Verizon and received our Droid Incredibles.

Where I work everyone is on AT&T and uses an iPhone, they are impressive devices but my wife and I were never 100% satisfied with AT&T's coverage. We were always dropping calls and never had good reception at our house and didn't want to spend a lot of money on something we weren't going to use to make phone calls.

Both Droid and iPhone are good devices in my opinion, but in our case it made more sense to buy the Incredible and we've been having fun using them.

Hope you enjoy your Droid X!