Just got a Droid...and loving it :)

cdailey

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just switched to Verizon today and got a Droid. :D

My story: I've had a few Nokia phones (don't remember the models), a few Sony Ericsson phones (K700, W810), an iPhone (original launch version), and finally a Blackberry 8900. I was sick of having only 1-3 bars in parts of my home and no signal at all in other parts. I also got very little to no signal at school and church. I was an AT&T customer for 10 years, but their crappy service where I live at the moment finally pushed me over the edge. So, yesterday I priced out the plans and phones I wanted online (I checked all the major carriers - T-Mo, Verizon, Sprint) and Verizon just had the best deal and phone selection IMO. I got a Droid and my mother got a Blackberry 9630. We are both like kids in a candy store playing with our new phones lol.

I hope to spend a lot of time here at droidforums.

BTW, I love "these are the droids you are looking for." :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
welcome to the forums cdailey.......

make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just switched to Verizon today and got a Droid. :D

My story: I've had a few Nokia phones (don't remember the models), a few Sony Ericsson phones (K700, W810), an iPhone (original launch version), and finally a Blackberry 8900. I was sick of having only 1-3 bars in parts of my home and no signal at all in other parts. I also got very little to no signal at school and church. I was an AT&T customer for 10 years, but their crappy service where I live at the moment finally pushed me over the edge. So, yesterday I priced out the plans and phones I wanted online (I checked all the major carriers - T-Mo, Verizon, Sprint) and Verizon just had the best deal and phone selection IMO. I got a Droid and my mother got a Blackberry 9630. We are both like kids in a candy store playing with our new phones lol.

I hope to spend a lot of time here at droidforums.

BTW, I love "these are the droids you are looking for." :D

Welcome, cdailey! We're so happy you've decided to join us! So make yourself at home, and jump right in! You'll find that everyone on this forum is very friendly and here to help! Reading the threads will teach you more than you could ever imagine, and if you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Enjoy that new toy and try to remember to eat and sleep every now and then!

:welcome:

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Welcome fellow Alabamian lol. Congrats on the new phone, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! This is a wonderful forum and never hesitate to ask a question, I believe this is the best place to learn and enhance the ability of the greatest smart phone ever!!