Newbie to axiom rom series - how do I find the latest one?

angelman

Reaction score
When I saw a notice about the Axiom Engage ROM a while back here on droid forums front page I decided to root my nexus finally and install it. I love it, it was awesome and worked flawlessly. Encouraged I tried to find out when a new ROM would be available based on 4.1.1. Coming from the d1 where I generally ran bugless beast or simply stunning it was rather confusing. On those ROMS it was clear when a new version was released, each version just had a new version number so ir was easy to keep up todate.
With the axiom ROMS it seems much more confusing. I started with engage but there didnt seem to be any updates to it I tried to look on droidhive but the forums there seem to just contain stupidly long threads filled with inane off topic comments with the very occasional nugget of information.
I figured out that the next ROM was now called antimyth. I installed this and that worked ok though to be honest seemed a little more buggy then axiom engage.
Now I see there is a patient zero.. what is that.. it looks like it is still ICS?
Does theory name each update of his ROMS with a new name or are each named versions different variations with different features etc.?
What is the latest and greatest Axiom jelly bean ROM.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
He does tend to name them all sorts of different things. Currently the latest, which is JB 4.1.1, is Patient Zero build 3.

With what happened at droidhive recently I am not sure if you can still get it there though. You may need someone with a mirror of it.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Oh wow now droid hive is totally. I have flashed a few ROMS but dont really have time or care about all the politics that seems to be involved. Looks like he got hacked or something.
I know it's a bit of a open question but any suggestions on a nice stable ROM similar to axiom from somewhere slightly less incendiary and volatile?
I do miss the simplicity of the d1 roms. There was bugless beast and simply stunning for the mainstream and a multitude of other less well known roms to try if you were interested.
I am not looking for a tonne of crazy features, just something close to stock Jelly bean would be great. Stock JB is so good it seems its getting harder to find ways to improve it IMHO

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There is a bugless beast jelly bean build for the galaxy nexus. I don't have a link handy for it but I can try and track it down if you're interested.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been away for over a year (yeah playing with a iPhone) but when I last left I was using Axi0m which was created by Th3ory on my Galaxy Nexus.
Well with the release of iOS6 and the inability to unlock it I am B0RED so I'm charging up my Nexus and looking at the new Razr Maxx HD.

Can I ask if anyone knows what happened to Th3ory, or where I can find his work?

I am having a problem trying to remember all the stuff I learned while playing with my Nexus and figured I'd un-root the Nexus and update the stock rom since there have been a multitude of OTA's released from Verizon.

Thanks for any direction you can offer because I'm having a hard time acclimating myself back to this world (android).

Thanks

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been away for over a year (yeah playing with a iPhone) but when I last left I was using Axi0m which was created by Th3ory on my Galaxy Nexus.
Well with the release of iOS6 and the inability to unlock it I am B0RED so I'm charging up my Nexus and looking at the new Razr Maxx HD.

Can I ask if anyone knows what happened to Th3ory, or where I can find his work?

I am having a problem trying to remember all the stuff I learned while playing with my Nexus and figured I'd un-root the Nexus and update the stock rom since there have been a multitude of OTA's released from Verizon.

Thanks for any direction you can offer because I'm having a hard time acclimating myself back to this world (android).

Thanks

Th3ory changed his name to KillDroidHack because of some drama that happened a few months ago. He closed down the Hive and started a new website called romdroidhacks.com

His twitter can be found here.

And his new builds can be found here. I believe his new rom is called KILLR One and its based on 4.1.1