Newbie S Voice question

bhall238

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Coming from a Droid OG, HTC Thunderbolt background; I like this one the best. There is a lot different from my past experiences with Android phones. In fact at first I had thought most of my contacts had been lost when I knew I had backed everything up prior to making the switch. When I went to the Verion Store for help, my first rep had to ask another rep to help. It seems most of my contacts had not been linked to any group and you can select which contacts are displayed, so they were all in there after all. Anyway, having just got this phone, I am curious about the S Voice. Is the voice prompt I see people refering to "my" voice or the phone's voice confirming my wishes? Does this phone talk to you or not? I think I was expecting me saying "call John" and then the phone saying "calling John". I don't really see where to turn this feature on. Thanks for your time and patience.

danbee46

Reaction score
This is what worked for me

Open S-Voice by clicking twice on the home button.
At the bottom of the screen, to the left of the microphone is an icon that looks like a person's profile.
Click on that icon and you will be able to turn the voice on and off.