newbie question

yeoj1323

Reaction score
I have rooted my phone (droid 1) and i want to change the theme to "928Droid" can i do that without installing a rom? and if i can how do i do this? (if i can not what would be the best rom to use)

parker34

Reaction score
What is your stock Rom? If it is the Frg22d then he has a download link for that...if you do not know what Build yours is then check in the about phone section in the settings menu

OP
Y

yeoj1323

Reaction score
Yes it is the stock frg22d, however it is a odex phone, the only one he has is a deoxed, can that cause any problems?

parker34

Reaction score
Oh yes i forgot about the deodexed, and no it will not work with odexed. If I am right (someone correct me if I am wrong please), being deodexed is what actually allows for the phone/apps to be themed. Being odexed, I do not think it would work for anything, so you need to download one of the Roms that he supports. I cannot really say what the best rom to use is because Roms act different for every phone but in my experience i like Simply Stunning, Sapphire, and Bugless, however i have not tried every single Rom out there

OP
Y

yeoj1323

Reaction score
so lets say i go with Simply Stunning, would i be able to use this theme?

parker34

Reaction score
The latest release 928 has on his forum is for SS 4.7, however the newest Rom is 4.9....he might have more releases on his website I am not sure though

parker34

Reaction score
whichever rom you choose just make sure it is a stock rom and does not already have a theme on it

OP
Y

yeoj1323

Reaction score
allright i will look for that, what would you suggest to flash the rom? (what app) or just do it manual?

parker34

Reaction score
If you havent done it already I would suggest SPRecovery and do it manually if you know how, if you do not know how to then Rom Manager is very simple to use

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App