Newbie NHCabin here....ughhhhhhh~

NHCabin

Reaction score
:blackdroid: I'M SOOOOO NEW....I DROPPED my Droid ... on a carpet no less, and it's just STOPPED working! ~ I took the battery out...(by the way, isn't there suppose to be a cover on that thing? I have a black rubber like cover on the phone, but I took the cover off to see if I removed the battery for a minute then reinstalled it, maybe it'd work, and there's NO cover on the battery!!!~~~ANYWAY, the phone just STOPPED working....it didn't fall far, in was on a counter, and fell to a carpet on the floor...and I never thought it'd just STOP, but it did....Anyone out there have any clues on what I should do??? HELP!!!!!!!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums. The best solution would be to take out a claim and get a replacement if you opted for Insurance.

OP
N

NHCabin

Reaction score
Dead Droid................

:heart: I did decide to put in a claim.........and while I was on the phone with them I realized I hadn't back-up my phone on my comp....ughhhhhhhhh..old age...I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....
Here's hoping that when that phone arrives tomorrow it stays in my hands, and I won't "drop" it~!!
Oh, has anyone had problems with the cover for their Droid? I've been through two all ready...that little piece that is on the back piece that's in the top right hand corner, snapped off on the last one I had, and on this one, that little square ring that is suppose to be the TOP of the cover, snapped in the corner..
It must be me...I've got to be more careful of it I suppose..................

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
:heart: I did decide to put in a claim.........and while I was on the phone with them I realized I hadn't back-up my phone on my comp....ughhhhhhhhh..old age...I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....
Here's hoping that when that phone arrives tomorrow it stays in my hands, and I won't "drop" it~!!
Oh, has anyone had problems with the cover for their Droid? I've been through two all ready...that little piece that is on the back piece that's in the top right hand corner, snapped off on the last one I had, and on this one, that little square ring that is suppose to be the TOP of the cover, snapped in the corner..
It must be me...I've got to be more careful of it I suppose..................

Well see the good thing about the Droid is you dont got to back it up on the Computer. All your contacts are now linked to your Google account that you used when setting up the phone which means when you get your replacement all you do is put your Google account into the phone again and it will bring up all your contacts. Paid apps are also linked to your Google account so you wont have to rebuy them.

OP
N

NHCabin

Reaction score
HI!!

Well, I think someone had told me that, but I was more concerned about my "calendar"....I understand that THATS' NOT in there...is that true too??? ugh....I hope it will be in there, but with the luck I've been having it'll be "lost"!! :icon_eek: