newbie needs help please!!!!

1barlog17

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog

If you don't mind losing your txts that may be on there and some app settings you can format the card in the phone and do a factory data reset as well. They won't hurt anything they will just take you back to factory setting. If you're rooted it will not unroot you. If you want to go back to stock we can help with that too.

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score
Hey hook my names Eric but u can call me Barlog. I'm new to writing on forum's so I apologize if I mess up and sometimes I don't understand the lingo. But thanks for the replie.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hey hook my names Eric but u can call me Barlog. I'm new to writing on forum's so I apologize if I mess up and sometimes I don't understand the lingo. But thanks for the replie.

Stick around here and you'll be a pro in no time.

OP
1barlog17

1barlog17

Reaction score

If you don't mind losing your txts that may be on there and some app settings you can format the card in the phone and do a factory data reset as well. They won't hurt anything they will just take you back to factory setting. If you're rooted it will not unroot you. If you want to go back to stock we can help with that too.
Thanks for the info how do you format the card? And I'm not rooted just stock.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Thanks for the info how do you format the card? And I'm not rooted just stock.

To format sdcard goto settings: sdcard and phone storage. Unmount sdcard, then format.

Factory data reset, goto settings: privacy: factory data reset.