newbie droid owner with ????

Reaction score
Just bought my Droid (my first smart phone) I am enjoying it so far. I have a few questions I hope others can help me with.

1. I tried Google GPS and wanted to set up a home address. I have my home tel number set up but can't figure out how to enter an address, it does not show a place under contacts for me to add one.

2 I can't seem to add a yahoo e-mail address in the e-mail settings, anyidea how I can do this?

3. Can I add my verizon.net e-mail onto Droid to check my mail? If so how can I do that?

Thanks

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have Yahoo or VZW .net email addresses so I can't help you there, although I bet there is a way to set them up.

As for number one, when you are editing the contact, you should be able to scroll down past Phone/Email etc and there should be one that says Postal Address and has a green plus sign on the right. Hit the plus sign and it will let you type in the address.

The Hammer

Reaction score
On that same note, how do I edit my information (the menu you are talking about). I open the Maps and it shows my location with a picture that I selected, but I haven't found the menu to set my number or address.

pwo

Reaction score
This is not a full featured stand alone GPS. He is talking about editing your contact address in your actual contacts on your phone not in GPS. Then when you type your address for destination in the gps it will pop up and you select it.

Again the Droid GPS app does not store home, favorites, waypoints. Not yet anyways..

Ask again?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah okay I misunderstood. What I would do is add a contact named Home like it was a friend of yours but just put in your address and whatnot. I actually have myself in my contacts all the time. Makes it easy to email myself something or navigate to myself or whatever.

pwo

Reaction score
Ah okay I misunderstood. What I would do is add a contact named Home like it was a friend of yours but just put in your address and whatnot. I actually have myself in my contacts all the time. Makes it easy to email myself something or navigate to myself or whatever.

Think you are getting it now, good buddy....:wink:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is not a full featured stand alone GPS. He is talking about editing your contact address in your actual contacts on your phone not in GPS. Then when you type your address for destination in the gps it will pop up and you select it.

Again the Droid GPS app does not store home, favorites, waypoints. Not yet anyways..

Ask again?

What's the deal with "ask again"?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ask again?

What's the deal with "ask again"?
I was wondering the same.