Newbie - Cathy Duncan

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I am a newbie to this forum, named Cathy Duncan. I hope that I will have a great time sharing on various related topics with you through this forum.

OP
C

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Many thanks to all of you for this warm welcome. I am really glad to have kind mates like you here.

OP
C

cathy duncan

Reaction score
Difference between Driod and HTC!!!

I was wondering, if anybody could please tell me the major differences between Driod and HTC in the perspectives of their credibility?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, if anybody could please tell me the major differences between Driod and HTC in the perspectives of their credibility?

Droid is actually a product lineup of Android phones from Verizon Wireless. HTC is a device manufacturer.

The Droid lineup contains devices made by both HTC and Motorola.

HTC is well known in the world of smartphones, as a matter of fact I believe that is all they make. As for Motorola, they are the oldest name in the cellphone business. I believe the first cellphones were Motorola devices, Moto is also a big name in communications radios.

Moto's credibility was going down the tubes up until they launched the original Motorola Droid. The Droid was a superb phone, and was extremely open as far as modding goes. The newer Motorola Droids (Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro) have encrypted bootloaders and run the Moto Blur interface, so they are a bit harder (although not impossible) to mod. Build quality, however, is quite good.

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either manufacturer, it's more a case of spending some time in-store with each device and seeing which one is a better fit for your needs.

OP
C

cathy duncan

Reaction score

Droid is actually a product lineup of Android phones from Verizon Wireless. HTC is a device manufacturer.

The Droid lineup contains devices made by both HTC and Motorola.

HTC is well known in the world of smartphones, as a matter of fact I believe that is all they make. As for Motorola, they are the oldest name in the cellphone business. I believe the first cellphones were Motorola devices, Moto is also a big name in communications radios.

Moto's credibility was going down the tubes up until they launched the original Motorola Droid. The Droid was a superb phone, and was extremely open as far as modding goes. The newer Motorola Droids (Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro) have encrypted bootloaders and run the Moto Blur interface, so they are a bit harder (although not impossible) to mod. Build quality, however, is quite good.

In the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either manufacturer, it's more a case of spending some time in-store with each device and seeing which one is a better fit for your needs.

Thanks for this much healthy post. I have found all the answers to my questions in this post. You're really a big genius.

OP
C

cathy duncan

Reaction score
What about the latest updates and news concerning Driod?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about the latest updates and news concerning Driod?

I'm not really 100% sure what you are asking here; but the next big things coming are LTE 4G devices for Verizon, dual-core mobile chipsets, and Gingerbread/Honeycomb devices (Android 2.3/3.0 OR 2.3/2.4 depending on who you believe).

I also think the Android tablet will become a much bigger player with the release of Honeycomb, as it's supposed to be tablet optimized.

cyber3dx

Reaction score
Which phone do you have? Or are you still shopping for one?