Newb with SIM QUESTIONS FOR OVERSEAS

seraph44

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently have my D2G unlocked for SIM card access for GSM carriers overseas. I've been trying to check out prices and it's almost looking like American phones will not work even with a 3g/gsm capability in Korea. I was wondering if anyone has used their american phone in Korea , if its a DSG even better! I also know they are coming out with a new SIM this OCT2011, detail here: SK Telecom launches SIM cards that add NFC to existing phones , but don't know if that will make a difference.

Any help would be great.... Thank :motdroidhoriz:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved this to the D2G section.

Hopefully someone here can get you some answers.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently have my D2G unlocked for SIM card access for GSM carriers overseas. I've been trying to check out prices and it's almost looking like American phones will not work even with a 3g/gsm capability in Korea. I was wondering if anyone has used their american phone in Korea , if its a DSG even better! I also know they are coming out with a new SIM this OCT2011, detail here: SK Telecom launches SIM cards that add NFC to existing phones , but don't know if that will make a difference.

Any help would be great.... Thank :motdroidhoriz:

Not always reliable, but the Verizon page Calling From South Korea

suggests that the phone will work on CDMA in some parts of South Korea (I am assuming you mean south rather than north!)

OP
S

seraph44

Reaction score
Yes it is s. Korea, but i'm mainly concerned with a SIM card carrier, which I know they have, but Don't know too much on the restrictions for phones outside of Korea.

silver6054

Reaction score

Matveh

Reaction score
I use my D2G in Korea with an SK SIM and it works just fine.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums