Newb poster child

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Greetings all.. I hope to learn a bunch here and hopefully contribute.

To tell you how MUCH of an absolute and complete NEWB I am.. My first Droid anything is currently still in the mail for delivery today.

Scored an X with the verizon 2fer deal with the Incredible. Anxious to get rolling with it.. First smartphone of any kind for me.

I can tell the car-dock will be a must for my X. :motdroidhoriz:
Also app upon app recommendations.. such as barcode readers, pandora, etc etc etc.

I'll just be thrilled once I figure out how my wife and I can share a google calendar so I can keep up with where the "General" orders that I be present and when.. and various honey-do (to-do) tasks, etc. marriage.. gotta love it.. Why I'm here instead of my old haunt on the Harley forum. :)

So that's me.. 42yr old from NC finally getting a first taste of "convergience" as it is now.

Scott

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum

Things will get easy once you get the phone in your hands and start messing with it...as far as sharing a calender, it is easy my, wife and I have seperate calenders and then a "family" one we share, you can add eachothers calenders from a computer within google calender

OP
bsbabcock

bsbabcock

Reaction score
it is easy my, wife and I have seperate calenders and then a "family" one we share, you can add eachothers calenders from a computer within google calender

See.. Lookie there.. dancedroidMy first lesson as a member.
Thanks!

I've been waiting since Monday for the phones.. Chomping at the bit actually. I should have opted if I could have for overnight.. However, I've since gone through the verizon interactives and read so much I'll hopefully hit the ground running.

Also with wifi in the house now, I'm jammin' (I guess). We're all 21'st century now just in the past year or so. hehe

droidman101

Reaction score
Greetings all.. I hope to learn a bunch here and hopefully contribute.

I'll just be thrilled once I figure out how my wife and I can share a google calendar so I can keep up with where the "General" orders that I be present and when.

Scott

For this id just make a gmail account and put it on your wifes and your phone and have it sync calendar, and have a separate gmail for each phones, so 1 for you, 1 for her, and 1 for sharing calendar :)

Edit: ^^^tp just said that

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
droidman...the extra gmail isn't necessary, my wife and I have our own gmail's and own calenders, to accomplish a "shared calender" one would just make a new or sub calender within their main calender and then grant the other person "permission" to access and sync with it by adding their gmail address to it :)

OP
bsbabcock

bsbabcock

Reaction score
How many times I've been asked "what are you doing A date at B time?" and I reply "Ah man, I'll have to check the big scibbly calendar when I get home and get back with you." ... further displaying how my life is no longer my own. LOL!

That reply will now be 'slide, tappity tap tap slide clickety tap'...
"Yeah.. I'm free after a kid's birthday party.. How's 3pm sound?"

... Ok.. I think I could just cry now in sheer joy! This alone is worth the contract.

OP
bsbabcock

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Got my new obsession.. and have yet to put it down except to charge.. notice sig....
:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
bsbabcock

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Something very odd about my X I just realized.. It says version 2.2 in the setup.. Could Verizon have pushed the new OS or maybe it shipped with it? I'd bet it got the 2.2 update. I guess this is cool.

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Yep.. the X now ships with 2.2 preinstalled. I got mine Oct 1st and it came with 2.2 already.