Newb here so be gentle

rmreid

Reaction score
1st - Updated my radio (unrooted) to 2.05 which works great, what I didn't know is that by doing this I can not manually update to 2.2, nor will I get the OTA :(

2nd - I've read a lot of threads but it appears that I must now root and then unroot my phone to get the 2.2 update

3rd - Lots of information on rooting on here and other forums that I've read, but for someone technically challenged (me) it could be a struggle. Can someone please direct me to the correct procedure/thread or drop me an email to fix my phone to receive the 2.2 update - My phone is not rooted, nor do I want it to be, but it looks like I have to root and then unroot my phone :( and I am dreading this process.

A big TY in advance

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
You should just root your Dinc, you'll be able to control alot more than just apps. Plus your talking about getting better battery life....

I got my Incredible and with in two weeks I rooted my phone. Before I didn't know anything about the Android Platform. Everything I've learned i've learned from here and maybe a few other forums. So anyways if you really want to change things like your saying you are trying to do I suggest Rooting. Main reason Battery Life I currently have my Battery life at x1.77 the original stock rom. That's just crazy!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:King'sKernel#3 OC to 1.2 GHZ - ULowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid:

OP
rmreid

rmreid

Reaction score
Thanks Srkx Mokwi but I'm not looking to root my Incredible

Any help for this newb getting the radio on my unrooted phone back to the stock radio so I can get 2.2 :)

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
You know I'm not sure how to do that and stay un-rooted If I were you I would try going to the rescue squad they have some good threads in there that may help. I'll keep looking around for you and I'll send you the link if I fine it! Is this the only forum site you use???

~Srkx~

OP
rmreid

rmreid

Reaction score
Pretty much I read a lot on here and a couple of other Android forums - Although when I updated my radio I was under the impression that it would not effect future upgrades.. oh well
In any event I do not want to root my phone but if thats what it takes (root and unroot) to get my Incredible back to stock, so that I can get the 2.2 upgrade I guess I won't have much of a choice....

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To my knowledge you had to root to downgrade the radio, but I read on another forum of a member taking the new RUU and flashing it that way without issue.

OP
rmreid

rmreid

Reaction score
To my knowledge you had to root to downgrade the radio, but I read on another forum of a member taking the new RUU and flashing it that way without issue.
Care to PM me that forum link please?

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Well you can't help them all Doug... LOL. and thats not something I'm use to doing. I would tell you rmreid to just look around different forums or search for the radio update with out root!!

~Srkx~

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, I'm saying if you don't want root on the ota then there is no reason to downgrade at all. Just use the RUU to upgrade.