NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgek

Reaction score
This is turning out to be the D1 2.1 update, only a lot worse.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thevaristy

Reaction score

georgek

Reaction score
When Verizon makes the official announcement nobody's going to believe it.

electric6

Reaction score
Take it with a giant grain of salt. Something I read on twitter earlier.

HTC Thunderbolt – Conversations with a VZW Insider | Sentrix Nation

Well yeah, this is the guy that has been posting the last few pages that we are waiting for his response haha

I feel pretty dumb now. Guess I should be paying more attention.

naw, nothing wrong with staying skeptical! I dont blame you at all, there has been too much 'he said, she said' crap since october. We are all ready for it to be over, and the blunderbolt in our greedy little hands!!

Sentrix

Reaction score
After a very brief chat with my source - who is now signing off for the night - he says that Verizon and HTC are talking right now about what to do. He's not sure what's making Verizon so reluctant to just announce the damn thing... and when he asked, he was told it was simple 'finalization' of the phone.

He says HTC wanted this announced back in February, paid for the ads back then... then had to pay fees to cancel them and release them later, and now they're out with still no phone and restrictions (like not being able to say 'available now' or the phone's price) meanwhile VZW pulled it's TBolt ad and isn't putting it back up.

Whatever this phone 'finalization' thing is... my source seems to think HTC's pressure is having an effect on Verizon execs. I hate to deliver empty promises, so please no one set their alarm for this... but he says it's possible that the press release could roll out as early as 6 AM in the morning, and that's it's an option that came up in his call. And he says if not then, there's a good chance before the end of the day tomorrow, we will know that the TBolt is official.

At this point though, it's very, very hard to know what's going on and why things are as confusing as they are. A lot of these decisions have baffled my own source. And I'm trying my best to fill everyone in on what he's telling me. Rest assured he is a very-high-up, legitimate source. It sounds crazy because it IS crazy over there.

I'll be up tomorrow morning if I hear anything else.

Sentrix

Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I cringe everytime someone uses the phrase "my source " : )

Somebody should break out the tea leaves and see what they say ; )

Sent from my Droid

georgek

Reaction score
After a very brief chat with my source - who is now signing off for the night - he says that Verizon and HTC are talking right now about what to do. He's not sure what's making Verizon so reluctant to just announce the damn thing... and when he asked, he was told it was simple 'finalization' of the phone.

He says HTC wanted this announced back in February, paid for the ads back then... then had to pay fees to cancel them and release them later, and now they're out with still no phone and restrictions (like not being able to say 'available now' or the phone's price) meanwhile VZW pulled it's TBolt ad and isn't putting it back up.

Whatever this phone 'finalization' thing is... my source seems to think HTC's pressure is having an effect on Verizon execs. I hate to deliver empty promises, so please no one set their alarm for this... but he says it's possible that the press release could roll out as early as 6 AM in the morning, and that's it's an option that came up in his call. And he says if not then, there's a good chance before the end of the day tomorrow, we will know that the TBolt is official.

At this point though, it's very, very hard to know what's going on and why things are as confusing as they are. A lot of these decisions have baffled my own source. And I'm trying my best to fill everyone in on what he's telling me. Rest assured he is a very-high-up, legitimate source. It sounds crazy because it IS crazy over there.

I could only imagine what the meetings are like between Verizon and HTC. Must be pretty crazy.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

This is exactly how I imagined it. Verizon and HTC confused as hell.

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Very interesting. It does make sense that HTC would be pissed about paying for ads for nothing. Hoping for an announcement tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.