NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy who works for Verizon Wireless (not retail store but corporate sales), and asked him today about ThunderBolt release date. This is what he said:

"Tbolt went back for new ROM. We have it now and it should be out of testing on 3/9. If it passes, it will be rolled out shortly after. I have used it and really like it, however, the battery life was short and that is why it went back for a ROM update."

I still say it will be out on the 10th. I fully expected the announcement today and I can't explain why it didn't happen, but I found it listed on Best Buys list for 3/10.

HTC ThunderBolt Best Buy Release Date [MARCH] [EXCLUSIVE] | Android Community

hahahaha hook you crack me up. You have posted that like three times! Gotta love a good distraction from complaining to keep us speculating. I do agree tho, the 10th is still a legitamit possibiity...

+1. That is so old and so debunked already.

I hate to do it (I'll probably get an infraction or banned...) but...

Is this all of the super secret super reliable insider information that being a mod gets you? :rofl3:

Is this all of the super secret super reliable insider information that being a mod gets you? :rofl3:

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.

He can only pass along the info that is given to him.....he has no reason to doubt it at the time and can't do anything about it if it's not correct.

We are users just like every one else. Until vzw puts it out in print and announces it officially every thing is speculation. Hook provided the info he had to try and provide a basic idea when it may be released. I think people need to calm down. It will be released when its released. Life goes on after the TB htc will have a dual core evo like device after that so just lets not get all bend out of shape over a phone.

I'm giving it my best shot. You know I'm not even interested in this phone but I've been trying to get as much information as I can to keep peace in this thread. I can take a shot, it's OK, no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.

I'll still be asking questions and if I geti information I'll pass it along. That photo that was fake, the only reason I presented that was I was searching to see if VZW had made the announcement, and the article was dated yesterday. But everything else I've got has been from a source. I'm still shocked that no announcement was made but I was assured that it would happen, I was even told it would happen late in the afternoon.

I'm probably the most disappointed person here and I don't even want the phone.

^ lawlz 10

Let me make this clear to you. I am a 13 year old boy, who 2 years ago the Env Touch because it was new, and the only smartphone options were all blackberries. Good memory though, I'm pretty sure I said that about 20 pages ago.

That explains somethings but not bashing iPhones with an enV in pocket.

I never said the Env was good, but what do you expect me to do? Cancel my contract 4 days early so I can get a phone that isnt even out yet?

I'm giving it my best shot. You know I'm not even interested in this phone but I've been trying to get as much information as I can to keep peace in this thread. I can take a shot, it's OK, no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.

I'll still be asking questions and if I geti information I'll pass it along. That photo that was fake, the only reason I presented that was I was searching to see if VZW had made the announcement, and the article was dated yesterday. But everything else I've got has been from a source. I'm still shocked that no announcement was made but I was assured that it would happen, I was even told it would happen late in the afternoon.

no worries man. At least there is still hope of an announcement tomorrow. I thought you had posted that before, but it was somebody else. Anyways, if they dont announce it tomorrow I will be shocked!!

It's all good at least you give us more to talk about even if it doesn't happen. Keep's the thread rolling along. =)

Wow, this thread got ridiculous this afternoon. I still say press release is possible tomorrow, and maybe online presales, stores receive shipments Sun-Mon possible, need announcement by Tues at the latest if we want to see a Thurs release. If no on all that, then look to March 17th.

I was also told late afternoon after 11 AM passed with nothing...

I'm extremely frustrated because I have a source and also have interest in this phone as my contract is up as of a few days ago. I asked some more and here's all that I got:

Me (11:41 AM): What's up with the TB? No announcement.

Source (12:31 PM): No idea

Me (12:40 PM): Asked around?

Source (12:49 PM): Yep. No dice. No one knows

Me (12:51 PM): Damn. Will it be announced later?

Me (1:50 PM): Will it be announced later?

Source (2:12 PM): It's happening today

Me (2:16 PM): Ok

Me (7:04 PM): What's up? Not happening today?

Source (9:51 PM): Things are being finalized. We're shipping to stores tomorrow which is ahead of schedule. [HTC] wanted it announced days ago. I think either tomorrow or Monday/tues we'll go public with the news. Phone's been ready forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back