new voicemail icon wont go away

alm0614

Reaction score
All of the sudden i have a new voicemail icon in the notification bar.

press the notification to call my voicemail and it says no new messages, but the icon still is there and says 1 new VM. There is no clear all option.

also, i use google voice and i never got a notification from google voice of a new voicemeail, just the default icon for a new VM

is there anyway to bypass GV and go straight the verizon default voicemail and delete it there, the only thing i can think of is that it is for some reason not getting passed to GV

thank you for any help

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
UPDATE: i tried disabling GV and went straight through VZ's normal VM and still no fix

Reaction score
UPDATE: i tried disabling GV and went straight through VZ's normal VM and still no fix

it's lame,.. but try to power boot the phone,.. turn off, remove battery, wait a few, replace battery, then turn phone back on,

good luck

nhlnut

Reaction score
I had the same exact issue. I went through I deleted each third party application one by one and determined it was the weather bug app giving me this problem. All was good then a few days later I would get once in a while, not like before though. The tech at verizon said he thought it was a bug that got into the phone and once that happens it wont go away.

I personally think it was the weather bug because since my new phone, I have put all the third party apps back on except for weather bug and works great.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
had this issue using you mail, deleted you mail and then called the right voice mail and it solved the issue.

nhlnut

Reaction score
Again, I did get a new phone because it was within the first 30 days. If it continues, you may want to disable visual voice and download a third party voice mail like Fusionphone. I had this 3rd party voice mail and it worked great.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
i use google voice not verizons VVM, again another free google service > paid verizon service. i will continue to play with it and keep you all updated.

trying power cycling now,

next going to try deleting weatherbug

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
ok i deleted weatherbug and power cycled the phone no luck

nhlnut

Reaction score
Ok the next thing I did was uninstall the visual voice mail update (you cant completely uninstall the program) then install the fusion phone which is a free third party app for voice mail and that kept me getting the annoying icon. Last step was to exchange the phone for a new one.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
alright im going to VZ tomorrow,

if i have to get a new phone, anyway to transfer apps over?

nhlnut

Reaction score
If all those things dont work I would call verizon tech support and tell everything you did and have them put the notes i=under your account then go get a new phone. I did all those things and am now bug free