new voicemail icon wont go away

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
alright i will do that tomorrow, thank you.

if i bought it at best buy i should be able to get a replacement at VZ store right?

and till what date can i get a replacement

nhlnut

Reaction score
Well anything within the first 30 days is best. Anything after that date I think will depend on best buy. If its outside the 30 days, I would call verizon tech support and maybe they will send you via the mail

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I had this when I first started Google Voice. You need to disable Google Voice, go into ur VZW voice mail and make sure u dont have any new VM's

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
what exactly do i have to do, i went to google voice online and deactivated the forwarding thing, and also uninstalled the app, anything else?

krcossin

Reaction score
I now have the VM notification, I don't know why but I installed the Verizon visual VM today and now the darn notification won't go away. Yes I use Google VM and love it, I just hate this false notification. Removed battery, it's still there.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
Remove all third party voicemail apps. Then have someone call you and leave you a message. Then call and delete all your messages. Make sure you exit with star and that should work

krcossin

Reaction score
Remove all third party voicemail apps. Then have someone call you and leave you a message. Then call and delete all your messages. Make sure you exit with star and that should work

This worked somewhat to the way you recommend.
Here is my experience: I first uninstalled GV from settings/applications/manage applications, but it didn't stop calls from using GV. I had to have a CS rep remove the redirect then made sure VM was switched over to verizon system I called it and cleared out my old (some from 2004!) saved messages (this explains why I never missed a call and got a verizon VM-it was system generated). I reinstalled GV from marketplace, the CS rep attempted to put the redirect back on, but it didn't take. So I logged on to www.google.com/voice and found that I had to call *71XXX-XXX-XXXX where X = your google number, that was the ticket and now I am back and happy again.:icon_ banana:

droidthis8504

Reaction score
Easy Fix.. (for me anyhow)

Easy fix, same thing happened to me. My droid would show that I had a new voicemail - I would check it and I would have no new messages. I had some saved messages in there but even after I tried deleting everything, the new voicemail icon would still show.

Finally called Verizon Wireless and they helped me get rid of it.

Call your voicemail. You will hear the message "You have no new messages." If it says anything about you having SKIPPED messages, then you will want to delete those first. Anyway, you will hear "You have no new messages" upon checking your voicemail, then you will want to press option 4. Then you will press option 1 to turn off "Message Waiting Indicator" (don't hang up yet)... wait a few seconds and then press option 1 again to turn on "Message Waiting Indicator". You can hang up after this. This more or less confuses the phone and resets the messages.. your phone must have gotten stuck.

Hope this helps ^_^ !!

p.s. google voice users - no need to get rid of GV or uninstall, I think it's just a glitch with verizon voicemail.. :motdroidvert:

apastuszak

Reaction score
Call your voicemail. You will hear the message "You have no new messages." If it says anything about you having SKIPPED messages, then you will want to delete those first. Anyway, you will hear "You have no new messages" upon checking your voicemail, then you will want to press option 4. Then you will press option 1 to turn off "Message Waiting Indicator" (don't hang up yet)... wait a few seconds and then press option 1 again to turn on "Message Waiting Indicator". You can hang up after this. This more or less confuses the phone and resets the messages.. your phone must have gotten stuck.:motdroidvert:

Sadly that didn't work for me. I'm on the phone with Verizon tech support. We'll see if they can fix the issue.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Went in to Google Voice on the desktop browser, disabled it on my phone and dialed *86. It went to Verizon's voicemail. I was told I have 1 new message. It was new (an automated school closed message regarding my son) so I deleted it and moments later the indicator went off. So now the big question is, how did that happen? If it's going to keep happening that's no good.