New user with some root questions

eazye_88

Reaction score
Hey guys..new to the forums...have a droidx running 2.3.3..im considering rooting my phone but want to know if there is any pre root steps i should take as far as backing files up? Im sure someone has addressed it but i cant find it on the forums. Also i dl,ed the z4root.apk and am wondering if it still works on the new update? Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

As shadez said make sure to check out the hacks section in that link. Make sure to stick around a while and ask questions when you have them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. definately u need a back up file, something like Astro file . as far as Z4 goes, i believe it doesnt work if u are already running the GB update. as mentioned, u can check the DX section for the files u need. if not let me know...enjoy ur stay

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Princess is right about z4. I completely forgot to comment on that once I hit reply, sorry about that. And as far as backing up goes it depends on what you want to backup. For message I use SMS Backup and Restore and for apps etc I use Titanium Backup.

OP
eazye_88

eazye_88

Reaction score
Thanks a lot..very helpful

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums