The new guy, with tons of questions

Lil' moby

Reaction score
Hey,
My names chip and im native of virgina ive had my droid for some time now and im never really thought about all it can do. I hav limited knowlege but i hope to learn alot from this site like i have from the other forums im involved in. So my first question is what does rooted mean? And whats the easy, most simple way to get a new "theme" on my phone? I know i should prolly research these questions now and i intend on heading ofver to the FAQ section now, but any quick help would be greatly appreciated

PFayce

Reaction score
I have been reading on here and seen a lot of people asking about the benefit of FOLDERS and how to get the most out of their display. Now my suggestion may not be on the leading edge but i figured it was worht mentioning.

Step one 1:

Download the OPEN HOME app. It's worth the price. You can download many free themes or paid ones. After you get familar with it's use...

Step 2: Down load BETTER KEYBOARD. And what ever skin catches your eye.

Step 3: Find an ICON PACK. I like to use ones made for whichever them i choose.

Now this is where the folders come into play. U can drag and drop items together to put mult. apps in one folder or do like me and drag and drop an app on top of another one and delete whichever app doesn't belong. The purpose of leaving only one app in a folder is that this allows you to customize that apps icon with the ICON PACKS mentioned above.

It seems like its a pain to have to do twice as much clicking to get to the same program but it's worth the aesthetics.

Also some added apps that I like are HANDCENT SMS (lots of cusomizing to your messeging) and DIALER ONE

If security isn't a big deal (lock screen) try LOCK BOT

-PFayce

OP
L

Lil' moby

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, it is much appreciated

So basicly "rooting" my phone makes it able to open a command prompt type thing? wow getting over my head really quickly but im sure with some time and ALOT of reading ill get it thanks guys.