New User, looking for apps that aren't junk

Tadas T

Reaction score
I got my Droid this past Tuesday and today's the first time I really have time to play with it. From the research I've done on Android I realize that it's open source, which makes me a little hesitant to try multiple apps that do the same thing to see which I like best. So I'm wondering if you guys have some suggestions (preferably free but if it's a must have I am willing to pay). Also if there are any sites/videos that point towards great apps lead the way! Thanks!

Zippster

Reaction score
Theres a sticky already here for alot of apps, as fars as more specialized ones your looking for suggestions on, maybe say what your looking to do could help narrow it down some.

Reaction score
Hi,

Don't be afraid of paid apps! The Android Market gives you 24 hours to evaluate any application you download. If you don't like it, simply return to the page where you downloaded it and Return it to the Market. Your payment instrument will never be charged.

Note: you can only return each application once; the second time you download it, you will pay. Also note: Google will be expanding this 24 hours period to 48 hours.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

DaHarder

Reaction score
So Far...

File management - ES File Manger

Media Playback - MixZing

Photo Editing - PicSay Pro

Task management - Advanced Task Manager

MS Document management - DocumentsToGo Pro

Finding Stuff - Where

Instant Messaging - Meebo IM

Streaming Radio Pandora/Slacker

Fun! Fun! Fun! - Nesoid

All GREAT apps, and very stable/reliable

Happy DROIDing​

missin44

Reaction score
I really like:

Auto Ring - can set certain numbers ring even if ringer set on silent or vibrate.
Google Sky - just amazing.