New Unselected Voice Notifications

chipmeister

Reaction score
About 5 days ago, In addition to the tones I had previously selected, I also began to get voice notifications for my message alert and alarm clock. With the message, I get the tone I always had, but it is now followed with a voice saying who the message is from. And with the alarm, I had it set to play one of the onboard songs but now, after the first few notes, a voice comes on and "alarm.....it is (the current time)", then goes back to the song. Any idea why this started and how to shut the voice off? If I try to deselect notifications for the message, I get nothing at all. Weird it just started.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This is the google text to speech feature! It is located in settings / my device / accessibility /

Look for Talkback: turn it off! ;)

OP
C

chipmeister

Reaction score
This is the google text to speech feature! It is located in settings / my device / accessibility /

Look for Talkback: turn it off! ;)

Thanks for the tip. Actually, the weird thing was about 5 days after I posted, it stopped on it's own. I'm not sure it was talkback because it only did it for those two functions. I tried to turn it on after I saw your post to see what it does (it was off). It gave me a message that it wanted to download some voice file and when I tapped anything, all I got was a vibration, no voice of any kind. Anyway, I turned it back off and all is well at this point. Thanks again.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I always have voice shut off - but it comes on at weird moments -
Like yesterday trying to grab call before it ended - from back pocket.
Missed the call taken over by voice app..
No idea if related to panic of placing finger on screen in swipe action to answer-

It's a retarded interface regardless -
Just have large target to touch that says-
Answer! The swipe BS is stupid.
I'll try to pay closer attention to details if voice comes up again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I took a good look at settings -
Only feature turned on is Motion & Gesture -
Maybe this is the culprit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk