New to this

rooney74

Reaction score
dancedroid

Guy from work walked into the river with his xt912 and it came up charging for a while. Then he gave up an upgrade was used. If you were to see my garage, you would be able to guess what I said. After work upgraded him, I said, "What are you gonna do with that?". So, needless to say, I am the proud owner of a waterlogged droid. I disassembled it and cleaned what corrosion I could find and it turned on. Now it won't charge. I will be visiting the forum to resolve this as my wife needs an upgrade and i HATE verizon contracts.

regards!
Rooney

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard. Check the ribbon connection for he battery. And the micro USB port... ..

No wait. Is the battery fully discharged now and it won't charge?? You'll need a factory cable.. If I follow your meaning about your garage. You're into electronics...there's tutorials about how to turn a regular charge cable into a "factory cable" that will allow the phone to charge when its been drained past the fail safe level....

Google it..or buy one on amazon...but they're easy to make if you're electronics savy...

MAXXED OUT!!!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you are able to fix the phone. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard! Good luck and keep us posted :)...