New and eager to learn!

DrewsDroid

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First off I'd like to say how happy I am to have found this forum! So far everyone seems to be very enthusiastic about getting the most out of their devices. That being said I am the proud new owner of the Droid Bionic. Coming from the OG Droid, this is one hell of an upgrade! Unfortunately I never really used my original to its full potential, and I refuse to let this awesome device be an underachiever on my account! I'd love for some direction from you expert users out there...Where to start as far as apps and such...I hate to sound like such a noob, but what are ROMs? I feel like I want one! Hahaha....anyway....any advice would be helpful....Oh and one more thing...Whats up with all the pre installed apps on this phone? Seems like a massive waste of space! any way of getting rid of them? Ugh! So many questions! I'd be eternally grateful to anyone willing to help me out!

Thanks in advance!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums, glad to have you with us :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome aboard! Glad you joined us! dancedroid

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah yes...welcome and the word ROM is usually such a beautiful one however I'm on the razr and development is still under way..My suggestion would be to learn to use rsdlite and SBFing. This is crucial as it is a safety net...

Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums, glad you are enjoying your shiny new toy :)

craigvib

Reaction score
Hi, wonderful introduction. welcome. have a great experience.......

ArticDust

Reaction score
I am also very new to the world of of soft-modding cell phones. I recently became a member on this site and like others have said, people are very helpful. I started over at a site called XDA. You can do a simple Google Search and find out the URL. It's a good place to start.Not saying this site isn't, but that's were I started.

~ArticDust

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes and most of us also use Rootzwiki as well as XDA..Its actually hard not to hear of these sites in this kind of subject. Lol Nice to have another android addict...If you ever need help, this is a great place and fast results...peace

OP
D

DrewsDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Ok...so I did some research yesterday and found out about rooting...So I rooted my OG Droid and now have no clue what to do with it from here! Haha...Ill do some more research...I figured I would root the old phone first and mess with it until I was comfortable enough to mess with the Bionic...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Ok...so I did some research yesterday and found out about rooting...So I rooted my OG Droid and now have no clue what to do with it from here! Haha...Ill do some more research...I figured I would root the old phone first and mess with it until I was comfortable enough to mess with the Bionic...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Smart! I OK go download rom manager and you will need to then flash an alternate recovery... Do a backup prior to flashing anything.. READ UP ON THIS IN THE FORUM at I would suggest watching youtube video or two. The I've made a few and will be posting a new teardown bid soon for changing Razr battery for now watch some video and get back with me or anyone when you're ready..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good God I need to learn how to type on this SwiftKey x... Lol

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Not trying to discredit what D2D said because it will work, but I don't like rom mangler. On my D1 I always used a computer to download my roms. Using rom manager will get you clockworkMod recovery, but I prefer RaidZero's recovery. You can find it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html
As far as roms, there's many out there for the D1. You can find those in the D1 rom section: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/custom-roms/
If you go with Cyanogen, don't forget the Gapps (Google Apps).

If you have any questions, just ask.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID