New to this...

lifeis2030

Reaction score
Hello to all! I have the D2G and switched from Nokia recently. Was with ATT but got fed up with being ripped off. With Nokia I used the N95 and N97. Love the way unlockeds get down so I just rooted the D2G less than ten minutes ago using Titanium Backup. Right now trying to learn more about ROMs and how to remove Blur apps and so forth. All in all, I am definitely falling in love with Andriod (Symbian RIP!)!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the community!

Now that you are rooted, don't forget to backup everything on your phone before getting to crazy with the tweaks--in particular you want backups of the bloatware and preloads that will be possibly needed for an update check down the road.

Many knowledgeable folks here if you run into issues. :pint:

OP
L

lifeis2030

Reaction score
Ooppss...I got crazy and deleted Blockbuster and Amazon. Damn. Help plz! Oh, and nice to meet you Canadroid!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Ooppss...I got crazy and deleted Blockbuster and Amazon. Damn. Help plz! Oh, and nice to meet you Canadroid!

Don't freak, many ran into this sort of thing during the last VZW 'OTA' update for D2.

For right now, don't delete any more bloat before deciding how your 'safety net' is going to be set up.

You have several options when it comes to backing these files up, and no update pending so take your time and read up here on DF. Worst case you can .sbf flash back if the right files are out right now--not sure if that is the case or not for D2G .sbf at the moment but I think so.

OP
L

lifeis2030

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I'm not moving on till I get some reading done.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App